Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campy Info Required

• 05-07-2010 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Morning All
    Right, I finally finished my late 90s Colnago build, or so I thought.....I have 8 speed ergos and a 8 speed cassette, both Chorus group. I've a newer carbon Chorus 10 speed rear mech that I was told would be fine together but they're not. I'm urgently after a new mech to match. A guy in England offered me a Veloce 9 speed mech. Anybody any idea would these work together or should I be exclusively looking for an 8 speed? I'm meant to be going on a touring holiday next Tuesday so I'm under a bit of pressure.
    Thanks in advance
    Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Not sure if this helps, but apparently some older Campag ergo levers can be converted to work with 9 or 10 speed drivetrains. Might be difficult to get the necessary parts and do the conversion in the short space of time that you have though:

* Upgrading Ergo levers
    * Rebuilding Ergo levers

Alternatively, there might be other useful info buried somewhere on that site about compatibility of 8-speed ergos and 9-speed mech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Matt,

Give Mercian cycles a call, they are real Campag fanatics, failing that, on the Campag website, under 'pro-service' you'll find contact details for Velotech and Chickn Cycles in the UK section, who will definitely be able to sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 matt 81

Cool folks, thanks, I'm gonna try all avenues over the next two days, fingers crossed.....:)

Advertisement