Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Town to Galway City-How Long?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm travelling from Donegal Town to Galway city this week, i'll be in a bit of a hurry! hoping some of you could give me an estimate of how quick I could actually (safely) make it?

Route planner etc are giving me a time of 3hours, anyone ever done it quicker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tony Almeida

I live in Inishowen, so it takes me 2 hours to Sligo, and 2 to home from there.

So 2.30-2.45 is a good guide, absolutely lifting in places though

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

it pretty much takes the best of two hours to get to galway from sligo. then half an hour to ballyshannon so then whatever is the time from ballyshannon to donegal town.

Ive done it quicker but only when i left galway at 6 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Thanks for the replies lads it looks like it will take around the 3 hour mark then. I'll be leaving Donegal around 1pm, so no chance of missing traffic really:(. I'll give it a good bash though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeah 3hrs sounds right enough if there's a bit of traffic and you're sticking to the limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

I do Bundoran regularily and it takes 2.5hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

check out feda o donnell and see how long he takes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

feda takes just over 3 hours. checked it earlier, so 3 hours would be spot on. depends on traffic really. OP if you're leaving at 1, you might hit a bit of rush hour traffic around 3.30pm but it shouldn't be too bad depending on the day you travel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I regularly do Buncrana to the outskirts of Galway in around 3 hrs 40 mins sticking (barely) to the speed limit so 2 hrs 45 mins for yourself i reckon, the only place you should encounter any traffic problems is Galway city itself and maybe Claregalway

Fuinseog wrote: »
    check out feda o donnell and see how long he takes

Why didn't I think of that?:D

gOOD MAN!

thanks for all the tips lads, who said I was wasting my days away on Boards? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Feda stops in Sligo for 10-15mins and doesn't bypass Bundoren or Ballyshannon, so should take a bit longer.

So when's this trip, make sure you time it for us! ;)

• Advertisement

foto joe wrote: »
    Feda stops in Sligo for 10-15mins and doesn't bypass Bundoren or Ballyshannon, so should take a bit longer.

So when's this trip, make sure you time it for us! ;)

Heading off tommorow. Dublin to Donegal Town, appointment there at 12.30, hopefully it won't last too long, have to get from Donegal Town to Glway by 4 pm! Then back to Dublin in time for Germany v Spain @ 7:D

I'll time it all on the sa nav, interesting to see how each leg goes.

Anyone got a chopper I can borrow:confused:

Offical stats from Sat Nav for Donegal Town - Galway

Time 2h 48m

Moving 2h 45m

Looks like ye all wernt too far off, pleased enough with this given the shambles that is the n17! So many trucks and tractors and go-slows! Don't get me started, I've just ranted to myself the whole journey :D

Advertisement