Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance general questions

Options
  • 05-07-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been living abroad for a couple of years, and I'm back living in Ireland now, but I'm planning on leaving again in 12 months. I'm just finishing up a college course

I contacted Aviva and was told that because I'm "new" to the insurance market, there are 6 months cooling periods where I am not covered for any disease/illness I contract. Because I'll be leaving after a year again, it seems a bit of a waste of money to get insurance that wont cover me for any of the serious things that can happen for 1/2 of the period?

Anybody have any recommendations for someone in my position? When I finish my course, I plan to move around the world, maybe a year in New Zealand, a year in Thailand, South America, etc

Are there insurance packages that I can get that will cover me all around the world no matter where I Am living so I dont have to suffer thru waiting periods like this?

Advertisement