Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi folks
    Looking for suggestions on where to take a girl for a few quiet drinks in Town later this week. Somewhere quiet, but cool & impressive.
    I'm a bit sick of Dame lane, Dakota's & the Bank on Dame st

Thnx in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

moved from tLL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Mint Bar in the Westin (if it's open), Cafe Novo in The Westbury (the Harry Street end), the old Cocoon on Duke Lane if that's the scene you're into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

If it's a week night Ron Blacks/Dawson Lounge (the smallest bar in Dublin) could be a nice novelty type bar.
    Somewhere like Hogans could be good, or across the street you have The Long Hall (really nice old time bar).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

The Exchequer or KOH restaurant(you don't have to get food)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Central Hotel, upstairs bar.

Nice quiet old bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

If the weather is good enough, outdoors at Ocean Bar or the Pav in Trinity might suit.
    gurramok wrote: »
    Ocean bar - nice place across the water(canal dock), has a late bar with music (seating outside also but less of seats and more of dangling your legs over the waters edge than Ely). The hob-nob theatre goers tend not to go here as its a place really for after work drinks for all walks of life. ..... They may blast the music out there late at night, i just noticed it a few times passing at night but its on random nights as some nights they don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I love upstairs in the Stag's Head for a few pints with my OH or with friends. So long as it's not a Friday or Saturday night you're pretty much always guaranteed a seat on the big comfy couches, The Guinness in there is lovely too.

Advertisement