Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullies taking my career

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

So here is the problem. I work in a shop in Cork City with managers who only want to bully and show how important and clever they are. I admit managing a isle of dog food is very important. All the managers are bullies and completely walk all over me. I suppose it could be me and my body language. Well I have a degree in commerce from UCC (I GRADUATED LAST YEAR) but couldn’t find work so ended up working here. Ps I am a girl and have never been a bitch so hate bitches (excuse my bad language) Anyway I hate politics too and hate how people get better shifts and promotions just because of whose arse they lick. I want to be appreciated for my ability to do the job.

I never really though about careers during college so I am now considering a career in banking maybe either Cork, Dublin or London. I think I would love a big city as it is so anomous with large salaries and glamour and that.

So with this all taken in, what areas of banking are interesting, with large salaries and that I would be able to climb up the ladder quick that will enable me to afford the lifestyle that I really want where there are no bullying managers and no politics involved in Cork or Dublin or London and more important what companies.

Could ye give me ideas about the different areas of banking too plez and also how to deal with these bullies managers apart and office politics apart from going the hr department - hr and managers are realy on one side tanks.

Mildred
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement