Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Cinema Club Voting

Options
  • 05-07-2010 12:14pm

Firstly I would like to thank those voting for expressing an interest in our cinema club.

It is hoped that the first meeting will take place on Tuesday 13th of July - if you wish to join, please send me an email to GalwayCinemaClub@gmail.com and I will add you to the mailing list there, so I can send details of when the movie will be, where we will go, and where we will meet up.

So last thing I can say now is -- happy voting! The movie that has the highest number of votes by Sunday evening (11th) will be the chosen movie, and I will let people know by Monday (12th)

Thank you for voting - and I hope you can all make it.

(Damn NTL and their shoddy internet.. broke before I could add the poll, now it won't let me add one.. could a mod? The choices would be .. Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Predators, Four Lions and Shrek Forever After)

Film 39 votes

Twilight Saga: Eclipse
    0%
    Predators
    12%
    Sea DevilsEdgedinbluebrainyneuronmybabydollnotel70 5 votes
    Four Lions
    66%
    SeanehzarquonplonkspinandscribbleAsmodeanzero19SteyrSteamerskelliserMr.MistermoonflowerCaptain Darlingd-galcivis_liberalispasta-soloFlojoelcy86HyperbulletmoonandstarsBob_Harris 26 votes
    Shrek Forever After
    20%
    [Deleted User]moonflowerpoflacivis_liberalisRuby_Woohigamos hogamosnotel70christ on a bike! 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Public poll added.

Shrek Forever After
    biko wrote: »
    Public poll added.

You're a star!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Four Lions
    Come ooooon Predators!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Hopefully everyone who votes is actually going to attend. I cant make make the first meeting due to work so wont vote but i should be able to attend future meets

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Flojo wrote: »
    Come ooooon Predators!! :)

Predator was a class movie but a bit like the Matrix should have been left at just one, Predator II was ok but the AVP's were woefull. New one might be ok, as long as the oscar winner doesn't whip out his pianist!

:ai ?

• Advertisement

Four Lions
    Eman Resu wrote: »
    Predator was a class movie but a bit like the Matrix should have been left at just one, Predator II was ok but the AVP's were woefull. New one might be ok, as long as the oscar winner doesn't whip out his pianist!

:ai ?

Oh stop latest AVP was awful and cringe worthy! It has an oscar winner.. it must be good!! Still shiny special effects and gore.. you can't really go wrong!

Shrek Forever After
    Oh stop latest AVP was awful and cringe worthy! It has an oscar winner.. it must be good!! Still shiny special effects and gore.. you can't really go wrong!

Plus the trailer just looks superb. It's also got Walt Goggins who played Boyd Crowder in the TV show Justified, who I think is a pretty good actor. I'm kinda stuck between Predators and Four Lions, so hopefully either of those will win.

Plus the trailer just looks superb. It's also got Walt Goggins who played Boyd Crowder in the TV show Justified, who I think is a pretty good actor. I'm kinda stuck between Predators and Four Lions, so hopefully either of those will win.

Indeed it does! But don't know about anyone else but I've gone to a few flicks based on a class trailer, only to leave the cinema thinking they should have got the person who put the trailer together to direct the movie.

Shrek Forever After
    Eman Resu wrote: »
    Indeed it does! But don't know about anyone else but I've gone to a few flicks based on a class trailer, only to leave the cinema thinking they should have got the person who put the trailer together to direct the movie.

It's usually the case, isn't it? A recent example is the trailer for the Last Airbender - the trailer made it look superb, but it's getting hugely slated and is currently on 8% on rottentomatoes.com

To bring the discussion back to this; what movie would people like to see winning?

Four Lions
    It's usually the case, isn't it? A recent example is the trailer for the Last Airbender - the trailer made it look superb, but it's getting hugely slated and is currently on 8% on rottentomatoes.com

To bring the discussion back to this; what movie would people like to see winning?

To be honest I hope ye get stuck with Twilight! :p
    Though that will leave me out cause I plan to go see it soon with my housemate.

• Advertisement

Shrek Forever After
    Tugboats wrote: »
    Hopefully everyone who votes is actually going to attend. I cant make make the first meeting due to work so wont vote but i should be able to attend future meets

Hopefully you'd be able to attend what will be the 2nd meeting on the 27th - the choices then will be Toy Story 3, Inception, The Tournament, Splice and The Rebound - will be interesting to see Toy Story 3 and Inception battle each other out.
    To be honest I hope ye get stuck with Twilight! :p
    Though that will leave me out cause I plan to go see it soon with my housemate.

Funnily enough nobody has voted for Eclipse

twish1te.jpg

Four Lions
    I know I shouldn't like it but I do.. god.. wish there was a way to make me sound a bit cooler... i've kinda gone and ruined my rep on here now haven't i?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Four Lions
    Predators hopefully! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's the opening of the Film Fleadh tomorrow, you may lose a few (incl myself) to that!! Otherwise I would be there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

inisboffin wrote: »
    It's the opening of the Film Fleadh tomorrow, you may lose a few (incl myself) to that!! Otherwise I would be there..

Let us know if you see anything interesting :).
    The IFI is one of the few things I miss from my former life in Dublin, the choice of foreign films was a breath of fresh air from the bog standard cinema fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Four Lions
    Just noticed this there, great idea, sent my vote in and contacted the email :)

Shrek Forever After
    Columc wrote: »
    Just noticed this there, great idea, sent my vote in and contacted the email :)

Think you're the only one who has :P Few more have. Can everybody who has voted please email GalwayCinemaClub@gmail.com and I'll add you to the mailing list - the details of the meetings won't be kept here, so if you want to be kept up to date, make sure you send me a mail.

Four Lions
    I did too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

i more than likely won't be at the first meeting but i more than likely will go to the second meeting.
    just thought i would mention that and i didn't vote for any of the films.

• Advertisement

Four Lions
    great idea though, chance to make some new friends too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Voted and emailed!
    Here's another suggestion for this, there's a Little Cinema Club every month or so held in Kellys. It's where local people show their short films and sketches, with a brief introduction. It's a great night out and only 3 euro in. Might be a good idea to go the odd time for this club!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118066508228177&ref=ts

Shrek Forever After
    baldshin wrote: »
    Voted and emailed!
    Here's another suggestion for this, there's a Little Cinema Club every month or so held in Kellys. It's where local people show their short films and sketches, with a brief introduction. It's a great night out and only 3 euro in. Might be a good idea to go the odd time for this club!

I actually like the idea of this. Was at your most recent meeting and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Four Lions
    Nice one! That sounds very interesting, does it get a big crowd? Can't believe all these great nights out have never come to my attention before!

I actually like the idea of this. Was at your most recent meeting and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Not my night! Don't wanna get accused of pimping my own event ;)
    Asmodean wrote: »
    Nice one! That sounds very interesting, does it get a big crowd? Can't believe all these great nights out have never come to my attention before!

I've been to the first 2 and I reckon it probably gets maybe 40-50 people? I can only imagine it getting more and more as word spreads.

Four Lions
    Deadly stuff! Must check it out, I used to be a big fan of making my own amateur movies
    (Stop jeering at the back!) :P
    Gettin close now between Shrek and predators!!

Four Lions
    baldshin wrote: »
    Voted and emailed!

Just joined it on FB nice one! :D

Four Lions
    Would it be worth making a FB page for our little cinema club? I could knock one out.

Four Lions
    Would it be worth making a FB page for our little cinema club? I could knock one out.

Group could be better hun, but if you could that would be great! Also can you make it so that you have to be invited? Prevent any trolling etc :)

• Advertisement

Sorry for being so immature but I spat out my drink laughing when I read the second sentence there :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement