Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Cinema Club Voting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Four Lions
    Yeah I meant a private group, whoops! Between that and my innuendos I ain't on a good role tonight! Ah Baldshin I am glad that I could provide some entertainment. lols

Would multiple selection not have been better, i wanted to vote more then one film, or was the option available and i didn't notice it?!

Much better idea then the book club, i'd need about two years to read one never mind two weeks :)

Four Lions
    Yeah I'm finding it so hard to get into books lately too. Nothing like a quick fix o cinema to cure what ail's ya. There better be no poll for the next outing, HAS to be inception! ;)

By the way I've set up the FB group, accessible only by invite. The name of it is "Galway Boardsie's Cinema Club."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Asmodean wrote: »
    Yeah I'm finding it so hard to get into books lately too. Nothing like a quick fix o cinema to cure what ail's ya. There better be no poll for the next outing, HAS to be inception! ;)

By the way I've set up the FB group, accessible only by invite. The name of it is "Galway Boardsie's Cinema Club."

Inception FTW! I've requested to join that group, nice work.

Four Lions
    Cheers! Yeah inception is going to be awesome, even better than the dark knight apparently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Four Lions
    Accept meh!!! :pac:

Four Lions
    You is accepted into teh hallowed ranks!! :D Welcome.

Four Lions
    You is accepted into teh hallowed ranks!! :D Welcome.

Woooot now wheres the beer? :pac:

Flojo wrote: »
    Woooot now wheres the beer? :pac:

You'll need the secret tankard :cool:

Four Lions
    Woooot now wheres the beer?
    You'll need the secret tankard

I work in an off licence so free beer and Tankards for all!! :D
    Disclaimer : While I do work in an off licence I cannot guarantee free beer. T&C's apply

• Advertisement

Disclaimer : While I do work in an off licence I cannot guarantee free beer. T&C's apply

But you CAN guarantee the free tankards!!!???? YUSSS!

Four Lions

I can wear a mask and work for you some night.. ya know just to give you a rest.. put your feet up kinda thing! Promise not to steal any yummy beer!! :pac:

Four Lions
    But you CAN guarantee the free tankards!!!???? YUSSS!
    Damnit, hoisted by my own petard! I can get you many cardboard boxes for free, which we can convert into Tankards with some scissors and glue? That has to count for something right.
    I can wear a mask and work for you some night
    Sounds like a plan I could do with a night off! I'll tell you where we hide all the good stuff!

Damnit, hoisted by my own petard! I can get you many cardboard boxes for free, which we can convert into Tankards with some scissors and glue? That has to count for something right.

Oh ok I guess. But someday we'll want real tankards, forged in some sort of mythical lava surrounded venue.

Four Lions
    I shall craft them in Mt.Doom itself good sir. They'll be good ones too they'll give you -6 hangover stats the whole next day!!

Four Lions
    ATTENTION FELLOW MOVIE GOERS!

If you want to join The Galway Boardsie film club then all you have to do is

Request to join here.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130554403648452

And email here.
    GalwayCinemaClub@gmail.com

Both links will give you the info for dates, times.. appropriate attire hehe :P
    The facebook group is mainly for discussion and a bit of banter....

So come one come all come everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Four Lions
    This sounds like an awesome idea! Count me in, will join once I finish work. :D

Four Lions
    This sounds like an awesome idea! Count me in, will join once I finish work. :D

Awesome!

Also have another very important announcement..... there will be beer! :pac:

Four Lions
    therewillbebloodver4aaa.jpg

Yes! Predators up another 4 votes. w00t!

Four Lions
    Haha score!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Four Lions
    Ok I'm in, just back in galway after a hiatus and don't know anyone here anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Four Lions
    This should be good, signed up to the facebook shinagians there. Damn me for having a job at 7 the next day and not allowing me to enjoy some lovely lovely beer. But sure I'll stay for the banter

Four Lions
    Awesome! Glad you are on boards peeps and Colm not to worry I'm sure we could organise something at the weekends evey once and a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hi,
    Great idea :)

Sent an email re the sign up.

Thanks....

Four Lions
    carmex21 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Great idea :)

Sent an email re the sign up.

Thanks....

Hey Carmex.. don't forget to join our facebook group too! If you're not on facebook nevermind just keep an eye out here for polls and banter :)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130554403648452

Shrek Forever After
    Glad to see so many people have expressed an interest, but there is a big difference between those voting and those emailing me. If you want to come, you need to email GalwayCinemaClub@gmail.com - the time and meeting place will not be stated here, only via the email I'll send out on Sunday night. So if you want to be kept up to date, you need to get in contact.

Four Lions
    Moar votes peoples.. you have until Sunday!

Also...like movies? Join us! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130554403648452

:)

Shrek Forever After
    Interesting voting going on right now. Will be even more so for the next meet when Toy Story 3 will be battling against Inception

Four Lions
    Interesting voting going on right now. Will be even more so for the next meet when Toy Story 3 will be battling against Inception

Inception better win or I will be forced to enter all of your dreams and make you recast your votes! :P

• Advertisement

Shrek Forever After
    Inception better win or I will be forced to enter all of your dreams and make you recast your votes! :P

I think Toy Story 3 will give it stiff competition. Animated films are now able to stand their ground against the more grown up films

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement