Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Cinema Club Voting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Four Lions
    Yeah very true. It's definitely growing as a medium. I want to see Toy story too so I'll be happy if one of those wins! :)

Shrek Forever After
    Asmodean wrote: »
    Yeah very true. It's definitely growing as a medium. I want to see Toy story too so I'll be happy if one of those wins! :)

It's currently on 99% on rottentomatoes.com

Four Lions
    Now I won't argue against that score! :)

Shrek Forever After
    Pretty much concluded, but I'll leave the poll going til tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Four Lions
    Thirsty? Vote for this weekends beers!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055965379

• Advertisement

Shrek Forever After
    AAAANNNNDDD the winner is---

Predators. Thanks to everyone who voted. Emails have been sent to the addresses that I have gotten, so make sure to check your inboxes for all information!

See you all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Four Lions
    Fantastic, I work up the orad so should make my way down roughly around 6, get my ticket also and just have a wander around. Looking forward to seeing this movie also. Hope it will be in a good screen, I'm quite fussy with my screens and seating :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 elcy86

Four Lions
    Won't be able to make it this week because I've got visitors but hopefully next time :)

Shrek Forever After
    Columc wrote: »
    Fantastic, I work up the orad so should make my way down roughly around 6, get my ticket also and just have a wander around. Looking forward to seeing this movie also. Hope it will be in a good screen, I'm quite fussy with my screens and seating :)

I'm pretty much the same so we'll try and get in early enough to get good seats.

Four Lions
    Any idea if you know what screen it will be on? Cause I know that in the cinema screen 8 is the best one, with it being the biggest but also with a fantastic projector. I am unsure but screen 1(first one on the left befor the ice cream) als ohaqs a good projector but a bit smaller screen.

• Advertisement

Shrek Forever After
    Any idea if you know what screen it will be on? Cause I know that in the cinema screen 8 is the best one, with it being the biggest but also with a fantastic projector. I am unsure but screen 1(first one on the left befor the ice cream) als ohaqs a good projector but a bit smaller screen.

Not 100% sure. I don't think it will be in Screen 8 because Eclipse is still out, and there is a Shrek 3D playing too at 7:55 - screen 1 and screen 8 are the only 3D screens, so I think Eclipse might be in 8, Shrek in 1 so I can see Predators being in either 2 or 6.

[/nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Better not be in that stupid screen with no cup holders!

Shrek Forever After
    baldshin wrote: »
    Better not be in that stupid screen with no cup holders!

That'd be Screen One. There are cup holders, only they're right up at the front row.

Four Lions
    Can't make this one unfortunately because the only day I'm off midweek is Wednesday but hope ye all have a great time and I should be able to make the next one. :)

Four Lions
    yargh are those 3D movies still out. such a waste of a good screen by ruining it with earing glassesand seeing obejcts come flying at you for the first 5 minutes and noting else for the entire movie.

Would twlight still be getting so much people going to it, still unsure what all this hullaballo is about might sit down one of these days and just watch the movies.

Shrek Forever After
    yargh are those 3D movies still out. such a waste of a good screen by ruining it with earing glassesand seeing obejcts come flying at you for the first 5 minutes and noting else for the entire movie.

Would twlight still be getting so much people going to it, still unsure what all this hullaballo is about might sit down one of these days and just watch the movies.

Twilight may have died down by now, but I can't really see Predators being in Screen 8. I could be wrong.

I echo your feeling towards 3D - there are 8 more coming out over the next 2-3 months.

Shrek Forever After
    Really excited about seeing Predators with the rest of you guys later tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Four Lions
    Could i be counted in on this little dealio?

Could i be counted in on this little dealio?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=130554403648452&ref=ts

Just join that facebook group or email GalwayCinemaClub@gmail.com for the details! Anyone can come. If you don't get a reply, send me a pm and I'll let ya know when and where we're meeting(not supposed to publicly post it on here I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Four Lions
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=130554403648452&ref=ts

Just join that facebook group or email GalwayCinemaClub@gmail.com for the details! Anyone can come. If you don't get a reply, send me a pm and I'll let ya know when and where we're meeting(not supposed to publicly post it on here I think).

Done and done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Went to see Predators on the opening night, so had to stay quiet till now, anyone else dissapointed? I mean it kicks AVP I and II backsides but that's not saying much! I'm afraid Predator 2 is still the 2nd best Predator movie.

Eman Resu wrote: »
    Went to see Predators on the opening night, so had to stay quiet till now, anyone else dissapointed? I mean it kicks AVP I and II backsides but that's not saying much! I'm afraid Predator 2 is still the 2nd best Predator movie.

SSShhhhhh we haven't seen it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

SSShhhhhh we haven't seen it yet!
    Ah crap! Sorry! Thought peeps went to see it yesterday! Apoligies to all concerned!

Four Lions
    Eman Resu wrote: »
    Ah crap! Sorry! Thought peeps went to see it yesterday! Apoligies to all concerned!

*shakes fist* :p:D

Woo can't wait to see this later.. heard some good things back and I know people who are going to see it for a second time so fingers crossed!

Shrek Forever After
    Emails have been sent to everyone who has gotten in contact with me and the info has also been posted on the Facebook page. There is still some time if you want to join the Facebook page (just request and we'll add) and to come along.

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Four Lions
    thinking of going but a bit nervous since I don't know anyone :S

Four Lions

Screw it hun, loads of us in the same boat hehe! Hi my names Flóra... there now you know me :)

Four Lions
    could you pm me the time? I'm not able to find it, I think i'm blind

I don't know anyone either! Feck it I'm sure everyone's friendly:)
    I'm Rob *waves*

• Advertisement

Four Lions
    I don't know anyone either! Feck it I'm sure everyone's friendly:)
    I'm Rob *waves*

*wave*
    Emma. Suddenly had a urge to go to the cinema and noone I know is free! :) good timing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement