Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Cinema Club Voting

Options
124»

Comments

Shrek Forever After
    Just to let people know that the movie will be on in the Eye Cinema.

*wave*
    Emma. Suddenly had a urge to go to the cinema and noone I know is free! :) good timing.

Hey Emma. Just sent ya PM with the details there. Hope to see ya tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭higamos hogamos

Shrek Forever After
    I'm a member according to facebook, so I assume it's just a matter of turning up and looking for the unusually large horde of individuals buying tickets for Predators?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I'm a member according to facebook, so I assume it's just a matter of turning up and looking for the unusually large horde of individuals buying tickets for Predators?

Spot on, that's what I'm gonna do!

Shrek Forever After
    baldshin wrote: »
    Spot on, that's what I'm gonna do!

im here now. Just look out for the guy with a green 7up umbrella and navy paddy cap and say hello

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Four Lions
    Sorry I couldnt make this one dudes, I'll do my best to make the next one. Got stuck in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 elcy86

Four Lions
    How was the film? I ended up having to go to Twilight, it was as terrible as expected!!

Shrek Forever After
    Just got back. It was a lot of fun and a pretty good turn out too - we took up an entire row! The goal is now to fill up two rows at the next meet, on the 27th and I think this to be achievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Four Lions
    Delighted about the turnout! I should make it next time for sure :D Well done for organising it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Four Lions
    Fantastic turnout, and was great talking to people after the movie. Had a bit of banter afterwards as well which is good

Aye great night, still a few going when I left the Roisin at 1, swinging their bananas around:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Four Lions
    Still at it... playing street fighter and eating pasta!! Screw you softcores :p;):D

Four Lions
    Just back from the beach and the playground... my face hurts i'm going to bed....

Four Lions
    did you lot end up in a tree hanging upside down with a banana saying meow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

ha, sounds like another heavy night! glad I came back home and not gone to the "cinema", or otherwise I'd be in a ditch in galway somewhere...:D

Shrek Forever After
    The next meeting will be on the 27th. I shall post up the new poll on Friday with the new releases and the epic battle between Toy Story 3 and Inception will begin. Who will win? You decide!

Was wonderful seeing everyone - good bit of chatting afterwards. Hopefully we'll have more people along next time. I seriously plan on filling out two rows next time!

Four Lions
    No Epic battle will occur. toy story 3 will win. Simple :)

Columc wrote: »
    No Epic battle will occur. toy story 3 will win. Simple :)

Either way i reckon everyone is gonna see both at some stage anyway!

what did people think of predators? standard hollywood action film?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Four Lions
    I'm gonna be happy either way because I do plan on seeing both! I think I'd prefer Inception by the tiniest margin but it's so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Four Lions
    Slightly hungover, never again will i go with a empty stomach. :P

• Advertisement

Shrek Forever After
    I personally hope Toy Story 3 will win, but we'll see how the voting goes!

Four Lions
    Slightly hungover, never again will i go with a empty stomach. :P

Good night I guess? What did ye do once I left after the beirhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Four Lions
    was it the 9.50 show youse all went to? i was at that. not a bad flic. did exactly what i said on the tin. would like to join for next time. whats the story....do you just turn up? does everybody know each other from before?

Four Lions
    was it the 9.50 show youse all went to? i was at that. not a bad flic. did exactly what i said on the tin. would like to join for next time. whats the story....do you just turn up? does everybody know each other from before?

Hey man, no we we nt to the 7:25 show. Some of us knew each other befor hand, but a lot of people did'nt know anyone. We all meet up at the lobby at 6:10 and moved towards the bar at 7:00 while still waiting for anyone that was late.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Four Lions
    was there many there?

Hey man, no we we nt to the 7:25 show. Some of us knew each other befor hand, but a lot of people did'nt know anyone. We all meet up at the lobby at 6:10 and moved towards the bar at 7:00 while still waiting for anyone that was late.

There's a bar in the eye cinema? That's legend

Shrek Forever After
    telepylus wrote: »
    There's a bar in the eye cinema? That's legend

Yup. Fully stocked - apart from there being no draught.
    was there many there?

There was maybe around.. 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Four Lions
    Good night I guess? What did ye do once I left after the beirhouse?

after it did last calls, onto the Roisin and then I believe the final ones standing went to Salthill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭higamos hogamos

Shrek Forever After
    All I can say is, sometimes a single banana can go a very long way.

• Advertisement

Four Lions
    telepylus wrote: »
    ha, sounds like another heavy night! glad I came back home and not gone to the "cinema", or otherwise I'd be in a ditch in galway somewhere...:D

Dude...don't diss the ditches!! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement