Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Paid SIM card in the US

Options
  • 05-07-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has been answered before but I'm traveling to the US to visit my brother in September. Since I am going for a month I think it's a good idea that I get a SIM card to use out there.

Can anyone recommend a pre-paid SIM card / plan for use in the US. I'll only really be using it for txting home (to Ireland) and calling / receiving calls from my brothers US phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Just like Ireland many phones will be SIM locked to a network. Best first to find out if this is the case with your brother's phone and if so what network is he on?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Just like Ireland many phones will be SIM locked to a network. Best first to find out if this is the case with your brother's phone and if so what network is he on?

Sorry I can see how I made the explanation confusing... What I mean is that I have an unlocked phone that I'll be bringing out with me. And my brother will be calling me from his US phone..

So I'm just wondering can anyone recommend a sim-only plan... if such a thing exists out there??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Ah I see, I took it up incorrectly. We discussed pre-paid mobiles in this thread recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TimSim

Hi guys,

We're a new Irish company that specialize in selling Local Sim cards so that don't have to roam. We can send you the SIM before you depart for the US (or wherever you're going) so that you can share the number with your family and friends before you leave. We're online as SimLocal and we have a retail presence in Dublin Airport.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

**Closing old thread, TimSim, please do not revive dated threads. Start a new one if necessary**

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement