Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 cm or 90cm extractor hood for gas hob?

• 05-07-2010 1:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Whats best for a 5 ring gas hob?
    The gas hob is 70cm wide
    There is 100cm of wall space between the wall presses.

Is it a 60cm or a 90cm extractor hood then?:confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

Hi Paddy,

I think the right option here will be the 90cm hood. That leaves just a nice amount of space between your wall units and the sides of the extractor. The 60cm will be lost in the space.

Make sure you check out all the specs of the different extractors before you buy, most importantly the efficiency and volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Personally, the 900mil one wil sit better with the kitchen, but will look a bit odd versus the hob.

Why did you go with a meter space and only get a 700 hob, could you not get a meter hob?

I disagree Fingers, sorry! The 1000mm space is fairly normal. And the hood will look fine with the hob. 700mm wide for a 5 ring hob is again fairly standard. Once the result maintains symmetry then it will look well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

so 2 of you say 90cm
    and 1 of you say 60cm

decisions decisions.:confused:

Personally, the 900mil one wil sit better with the kitchen, but will look a bit odd versus the hob.

Why did you go with a meter space and only get a 700 hob, could you not get a meter hob?

Most 5 ring gas hobs are in or around the 70cm width.

• Advertisement

I really dont think the 60cm is an option to be honest. A larger extractor fan over a smaller hob is fine, but not the other way around.

KevArno wrote: »
    I really dont think the 60cm is an option to be honest. A larger extractor fan over a smaller hob is fine, but not the other way around.

I can see where you are comming from there.Had to think about it for a bit,but I can see it now.;)

Sorted,90cm Diablo hood and charcoal filters.

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deeds372

hey do you mind me asking how much the extractor fan set you back?

deeds372 wrote: »
    hey do you mind me asking how much the extractor fan set you back?

It was got by my builder out in In House on the Long Mile Road.

I "think" it was around the 220 euro mark (including the charcoal filters) or there abouts.

Its actually being installed as I type this,so I,ll post a pic later on when the builder and carpenter have gone for the evening.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 deeds372

cheers!

Advertisement