Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Preserve Jars

Options
  • 05-07-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a company like http://www.crocksandpots.co.uk/ in Ireland?
    I will post this to cooking as well but I thought maybe a few people here may have pointers

Cheers

Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Most good cookware shops will sell Le Parfait preserving jars, there are a couple of different types one has a rubber ring and clamp fitting the other has a metal screw down lid.
    There is also German Leifheit brand jars available.
    Try www.cookware.ie for mailorder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

IKEA.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

Thanks a mil, also found these guys
    http://www.alpack.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Came across these the other day, haven't used them thou

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you put the (boiled) lids onto ordinary, sterilised jam jars fast enough, while the jam is very hot, the heat will pop down the button and keep it as well as commercial jam.

I don't know whether you could use them for preserving though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

looksee wrote: »
    If you put the (boiled) lids onto ordinary, sterilised jam jars fast enough, while the jam is very hot, the heat will pop down the button and keep it as well as commercial jam.

I don't know whether you could use them for preserving though.

Thats what I have done to date, but from what I have read, metal lids will taint the taste

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

i bought from epackaging.ie a couple of weeks ago, using them for making jam - seem good

• Registered Users Posts: 11 goodie2

i bought some kilner jars last year on amazon.co.uk . brennans cookshop in cork also have them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Homebase have been doing really good value kilner jars the last few years! I have zillions of them now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pmcgon

Just uploaded MG Catering Equipment 021 4889966

• Advertisement
Advertisement