Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Means tested dole - father moved out

• 05-07-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so I'm wondering what I do about this. I'm on the jobseekers allowance, and I don't receive the full €196 as my dad earns a certain amount. I receive €151.

Anyway, a month ago my dad walked out on us, and is living away from us now. This is permanent. How would I go about having the means test re-done, as there is no other income in my family apart from my dole now (although he pays my mum maintenance each month)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

you need to go over to your local SWO and let them know your dad is gone, also you need to prove that he is no longer living there and from experience that is easier said than done as he is still probably registered to vote etc at your house, maybe see if he will write a letter for you to bring to welfare stating that he no longer lives there and ask them to reassess your claim
    i know from this happening in my family my dad wrote the letter but welfare wouldnt accept that and as he was still paying mortgage and still had all his mail and stuff going to mams they wont listen to us mam is very sick and should be on disability its a complete nightmare
    but keep at them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

get off Boards and ask at your local SW office

Advertisement