Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get my laptop repaired

Options
  • 05-07-2010 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

hey guys just wondering where i can get a laptop repaired in Limerick. i know Pc world have a repair center but im not sure if they just repair their own product or if they will fix any pc/laptops.

other than that anyone have any recomendations?? cheap would be very good but actually getting the laptop fixed would be a bigger plus:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Whats wrong with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

its a HP G6000:D

if you havent heard about them. basically i turn it on. it loads up properly. it gets to the desktop and next the screen changes to a scrambled veiw(remember the old westward cable tv. when a channel such as one of the sky sports or movies where scrambled. it has that kind of view on the desktop). also the laptop powers it self off as if it was overheating. even though its cold and the fan seems to be working.

after searching internet forums for the last few months ive realised its a common problem with this model. since im heading back to college in september ive decided to pull the pingure out and actually get this thing working. i might have to replace the motherboard but i wanna see if anything else can be done to fix it first. i tried all the typical stuff such as hard reset, using different ram and even using the laptops harddrive in another machine (to make sure its not the hard drive. its not).

i know a bit about computers but ive totally run outta ideas thats why i wanna see if a repair center could have a look at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Icky Thump wrote: »
    its a HP G6000:D

if you havent heard about them. basically i turn it on. it loads up properly. it gets to the desktop and next the screen changes to a scrambled veiw(remember the old westward cable tv. when a channel such as one of the sky sports or movies where scrambled. it has that kind of view on the desktop). also the laptop powers it self off as if it was overheating. even though its cold and the fan seems to be working.

after searching internet forums for the last few months ive realised its a common problem with this model. since im heading back to college in september ive decided to pull the pingure out and actually get this thing working. i might have to replace the motherboard but i wanna see if anything else can be done to fix it first. i tried all the typical stuff such as hard reset, using different ram and even using the laptops harddrive in another machine (to make sure its not the hard drive. its not).

i know a bit about computers but ive totally run outta ideas thats why i wanna see if a repair center could have a look at it

Billy in there knows his stuff and does not rip people off. Have sent a lot of my customers his way and have had no complaints so far.
    http://www.expertpcrepair.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Is there on board graphics? i had the same prob with a hp v600 (i think it was) only all graphics were lost.. power lights were on but no power to the motherboard.. i replaced with a new motherboard and same thing happened next day..

CCSL wrote: »
    Billy in there knows his stuff and does not rip people off. Have sent a lot of my customers his way and have had no complaints so far.
    http://www.expertpcrepair.ie
    cool thanks mate. ill be passing by there tommorow so i can pop in.
    Stab*City wrote: »
    Is there on board graphics? i had the same prob with a hp v600 (i think it was) only all graphics were lost.. power lights were on but no power to the motherboard.. i replaced with a new motherboard and same thing happened next day..

well i dont think its a graphics problem. it was working for ages but one day it just started acting overheated. it was experiencing the overheated symptoms for ages and eventually this new symptom started with the "scrambled screen". i assumed its not the on board graphics because i can see the startup logo when i switch it on.

its a total mind boggle:rolleyes: was annoying me for too long. i was determind to fix it but i have to give up lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭sioda

Second thumbs up for Billy excellent work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Icky Thump wrote: »
    cool thanks mate. ill be passing by there tommorow so i can pop in.

well i dont think its a graphics problem. it was working for ages but one day it just started acting overheated. it was experiencing the overheated symptoms for ages and eventually this new symptom started with the "scrambled screen". i assumed its not the on board graphics because i can see the startup logo when i switch it on.

its a total mind boggle:rolleyes: was annoying me for too long. i was determind to fix it but i have to give up lol

i may be wrong but id say the startup logo is displayed using the vga driver so if your os then switches to an add on graphics driver after load then it could be that.. it could be many things though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

id recommend trying a live ubuntu cd. Boot off it, see if problems persist. Use it for a few hours, or however long that the problem would have definitely have happened to you normally.
    If no screen screwup, its not a hardware issue. Result!
    Backup your stiff, wipe it and do fresh install.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Third thumbs up there for Billy

phill106 wrote: »
    id recommend trying a live ubuntu cd. Boot off it, see if problems persist. Use it for a few hours, or however long that the problem would have definitely have happened to you normally.
    If no screen screwup, its not a hardware issue. Result!
    Backup your stiff, wipe it and do fresh install.

it doesnt stay on long enough to do a fresh install.
    think ill chance Billy tommorow last thing i wanna do is go openning this bloody thing again because i wouldnt have the patience to put it back together this time lol:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement