Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexing up the CV

Options
  • 05-07-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know a good place in Limerick where they can sex up my CV? Preferably a place that doesn't charge much. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Jigga wrote: »
    Does anyone here know a good place in Limerick where they can sex up my CV? Preferably a place that doesn't charge much. Thanks

to sex up ur cv?? i hear eutopia is good..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

If you head up around Catherine St at night you can get pretty much anything sexed up.

Most Recruitment agencies will bring you in for a meeting if you apply for a job to check you out. It would be no harm to go to one of those and get a few pointers, they will be more accomodating if it's skilled work you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i think there is a place down the lane beside the welfare office.. actually it may be the next lane.. ask in the welfare they know thee place.. if your unemployed they will even print off a few copies for ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Won't lie for ya - but if you're really stuck I can do the CV for you.

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Most Recruitment agencies will bring you in for a meeting if you apply for a job to check you out. It would be no harm to go to one of those and get a few pointers, they will be more accomodating if it's skilled work you are looking for.

unfortunately i dont think they are!

after being refused by fas to regester with them to find a job because "i was a student", i rang EVERY recruitment place in Limerick, and forwarding my cv to them and while a few acknowledged the cv, i havent once been asked to come in for an interview or anything..joke..still looking for a job since christmas :(

dave 27 wrote: »
    unfortunately i dont think they are!

after being refused by fas to regester with them to find a job because "i was a student", i rang EVERY recruitment place in Limerick, and forwarding my cv to them and while a few acknowledged the cv, i havent once been asked to come in for an interview or anything..joke..still looking for a job since christmas :(

That's why I mentioned the bit about being skilled (by skilled I mean degree + experience). The market is a bit of a disaster for non-skilled/experienced people as there are just so many out there in the same boat.

I see the Trinity Rooms are advertising for a full time bar person if that's of any interest?

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    That's why I mentioned the bit about being skilled (by skilled I mean degree + experience). The market is a bit of a disaster for non-skilled/experienced people as there are just so many out there in the same boat.

I see the Trinity Rooms are advertising for a full time bar person if that's of any interest?

iv got a certificate in construction studies and a degree in health and safety, not to mention loads of experience in retail etc so i wont see why i wouldnt get one like, ya bar work is something iv never done so id imagine they would be looking for experienced people.
    i used to steward in thomond park too but they had to cancel my contract cos i broke my toe and would be unavailable for a couple of matches! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Saw a job on fas today for a sweetshop cashier somewhere in Gaillimh and they were looking for 3 years+ experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

What Recruitment agencies in town would people here recommend? Anyway I'm going to pop down to the job centre in Watchouse Cross tomorrow and see what they have to say

• Advertisement

What Recruitment agencies in town would people here recommend? Anyway I'm going to pop down to the job centre in Watchouse Cross tomorrow and see what they have to say

out of over 20 places iv got in contact with (recruitment agencies), the only one that called me back was richmond recruitment on henry st, very nice people there but havent heard from them since they rang me confirming they have my cv about a month ago!

where is the job centre in watchouse cross? i was there today handing cvs into super value and one or two other places..would u recommend wearing a suit for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

gets demoralising doesnt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

dave 27 wrote: »
    where is the job centre in watchouse cross? i was there today handing cvs into super value and one or two other places..would u recommend wearing a suit for it?
    Its next to the library Dave. Might be worth popping in and wearing a suit wouldn't be necessary.

Its next to the library Dave. Might be worth popping in and wearing a suit wouldn't be necessary.

oh rite cool, thanks jigga.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

There's a careers service where you went to college who could help you with all this for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

JoJo_27 wrote: »
    There's a careers service where you went to college who could help you with all this for free.
    ive done that before,vastly improved the cv

Advertisement