Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey Tap Water

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

BTM wrote: »
    My water is cloudy white. How many other people have this problem?

It's mentioned here but the entire article is locked off
    http://www.goreyguardian.ie/premium/news/coloured-water-not-a-problem-2242781.html#premiumcontent

Did anyone read the full article in the paper.

I have to buy water for drinking and even for filling the damn kettle because the tap water cakes it in limescale within days.

O.K in my part of town! Nevertheless, I always use boiled water cooled down rather than directly from tap...just in case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭secman

The article referred to the fact that the water is perfectly safe, the "cloudiness" is simply due to the water being more oxygenated than normal due to increase pressure in the pumping of the water .Thats why when you leave a glass it will settle and be totally clear.

Still hard as Fcuk though ! Thats why it screws up the kettle.

I work in Dublin and I have about 8 No. 5 litre bottles which I fill with Dublin tap water and i use this for kettle and cooking in Wexford. The Dublin water is not a bit hard !

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Move to Ardamine, no problems with cloudy water there. Of course that's because there's no fcuking water most of the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

Sorry for poor image quality :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CairoTango

The water pressure in Poulshone is brutal lately. Pressure is acceptable at the kitchen sink but isn't strong enough to fill the cistern upstairs..

Anyone else having problems in the Poulshone/Ardamine area?

Is there some work going on?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

CairoTango wrote: »
    The water pressure in Poulshone is brutal lately. Pressure is acceptable at the kitchen sink but isn't strong enough to fill the cistern upstairs..

Anyone else having problems in the Poulshone/Ardamine area?

Is there some work going on?:mad:

Yes, there's still work going on and will be for another month or so. We had that problem until they installed a new pump, no problems since.

Advertisement