Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Mistake, anything I can do?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Hi, I unbelievably stupidly messed up my CAO first choice. I got the first and second choice codes mixed up, as their codes are nearly the same, I wasn't thinking straight. I'm an idiot.

I'm wondering is there anything I can do to change this please?

Do the CAO allow changes in one selection under certain circumstances?
    The thing is I'll more than likely get my first choice now, but there was a chance I could have got my now second choice, which I wanted, if the points didn't go up by much.

I'm reapplying for the CAO again yes.

Anything I can do or is it my own fault? thanks :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Phone/email them asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Just phonw them, I'd imagine they'd be understanding in such a situation.

It could happen to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The change of mind period expired on the 1st of July. I dont know if there is an emergency procedure after that. Probably not. A friend of mine did the same thing, applied for UCC instead of UCD. Had to wait a year and then go to ucd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I'm reapplying for the CAO again

Were you in college this year? You may have until 22nd July to submit a COM in paper form only. http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutCOM . Otherwise you're finished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I think post-deadline applications are allowed, but you have to pay €30 or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Check their website and look at your online application

www.cao.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LouiseZ

I DID TOO!..:mad:...God I though it was just me...
    Did you contact them?

Advertisement