Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

appointments in CUMH

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

I have a question on the appointment schedule in CUMH. I have had an early scan at 6 weeks due to a missed miscarriage last year. Then I had my dating scan at 12 weeks. I was back in at 19 weeks for an appointment and now I do not have to go back until 32 weeks. I had though that in first pregnancies u had a few more appointments??? I have 2 with my gp at 24 and 28 weeks. It is possibly very normal that this is what happens but it is different from some of the material I have read.
    Has anyone had the same experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

Single1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a question on the appointment schedule in CUMH. I have had an early scan at 6 weeks due to a missed miscarriage last year. Then I had my dating scan at 12 weeks. I was back in at 19 weeks for an appointment and now I do not have to go back until 32 weeks. I had though that in first pregnancies u had a few more appointments??? I have 2 with my gp at 24 and 28 weeks. It is possibly very normal that this is what happens but it is different from some of the material I have read.
    Has anyone had the same experience?

Was in there today with the wife for an appointment, mad number of people!!!
    She is 20 weeks and was the first exam with the consultant.
    Our visits are the same as yours, back there in week 32 and visits to GP every 4 weeks.
    Good luck, it's also our first :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Single1

Thank you for your response. Glad to hear that someone else is the same. I was afraid I had picked it up wrong. Good luck to both of you also!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Hi Single
    Im 39 weeks + and have only been to the cumh a couple of times..Maybe 5 times in total..
    Its combined care with your gp so if you feel like you need extra care just mention your concerns to your doc who may get you to come back more regularly(provided you need to)
    Its mad up there alright...Wait till your further along and finding it uncomfortable to sit there for 3 hours for a 10 min apt :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Single1

Hi Swizzles,

Thank you for your reply :) I'm very happy with the appointments I have. Spent 4 hours up there last time :) I was just worried that I have picked them up wrong and made incorrect appointments. I'm very excited and so I get worried that I've made any mistakes or anything. They are very busy up there. I really couldn't believe it the last time I was there.

Thanks again and best of luck with your upcoming bundle of joy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Hey,
    the letter is gone to the CUMH to get first appointment. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back from them to get the appointment, and at what week will herself have the appointment. Is it always week 12/13? or earlier/later? My wife is just starting week 6. We are public patients.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Swizzles wrote: »
    Hi Single
    Im 39 weeks + and have only been to the cumh a couple of times..Maybe 5 times in total..
    Its combined care with your gp so if you feel like you need extra care just mention your concerns to your doc who may get you to come back more regularly(provided you need to)
    Its mad up there alright...Wait till your further along and finding it uncomfortable to sit there for 3 hours for a 10 min apt :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jesus thats madness having to wait that long. We go to the clinic across the road and wait no longer than 5 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I have not waited more than 20 mins in CUMH, they've been fairly good to me this time :D They have some setup now and with the cafe to get a paper and coffee the wait isn't that bad at all.

I've had over 3 or 4 scans now too, one at 10 weeks (dating scan) and then every appointment I've attended there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Hey,
    the letter is gone to the CUMH to get first appointment. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back from them to get the appointment, and at what week will herself have the appointment. Is it always week 12/13? or earlier/later? My wife is just starting week 6. We are public patients.
    Thanks.
    I never got a reply to my first letter from GP (which was to ask for a high risk appointment). I rang the hospital myself to follow up and I would suggest you do the same.The first public appointment is about 12 weeks for dating scan and I believe there is a clinic appointment that day as well. The schedule of visits for combined care (where you visit hospital and GP throughout the pregnancy) is

Before 12 weeks - Visit with your general practitioner
    Before 20 weeks - Visit to your chosen maternity unit/hospital
    24 weeks - Visit with your general practitioner
    28 weeks - Visit with your general practitioner (except in the case of 1st pregnancy)
    - Visit to your chosen maternity unit/hospital (in case of first pregnancy)
    30 weeks - Visit with your general practitioner
    32 weeks - Visit to your chosen maternity unit/hospital
    34 weeks - Visit with your general practitioner
    36 weeks - Visit to your chosen maternity unit/hospital
    37 weeks - Visit with your general practitioner
    38 weeks - Visit to your chosen maternity unit/hospital
    39 weeks - Visit with your general practitioner
    40 weeks - Visit to your chosen maternity unit/hospital

Birth of Baby

2 weeks after birth (for baby only) - Visit with your general practitioner
    6 weeks after birth (for mother & baby) - Visit with your general practitioner

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Thanks Honeymonster, a great help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 babypip

Hey All

Would love little help from anyone that can i am 12 weeks pregnant total shock but getting my head around it have had part of cervix removed twice last one just 6 months ago due to pre cancer cells heard of gettin stitch put in to stop misscarraige does any one know about this or about cumh high risk clinic have an apt for monday

Nervous as hell

Cheers xx :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This has already been posted in another thread so I'm closing this old one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement