Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone online €5 topup

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone know if there is anywhere online that I can pay for a €5 vodafone topup code? Payment by pre-paid credit card.

Vodafone themselves only do a minimum €10 online.

I know I can get one in a shop, but I am not in the country and need to topup to keep the phone active.

Cheers, Des.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Only way to get a fiver topup online is here: https://www.3v.ie/topup_with_3V.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DesG

Cheers for that! But it looks like you have to go into a store to get a 3v voucher to then pay online which sort of defeats the purpose as I could go into a store and get a €5 vodafone voucher :)

I think I'll give up and get a £5 vodafone-uk top up in the UK, and use that to top up.

Cheers, Des.

DesG wrote: »
    Payment by pre-paid credit card.

Thought you had a 3v when you said this. You could send a fiver via paypal to a mate, and get them to get you a one

Davy wrote: »
    Thought you had a 3v when you said this. You could send a fiver via paypal to a mate, and get them to get you a one

No worries :) It is a € pre paid mastercard (With a balance of €9.50, just short of the minimum vodafone top-up online :( ) fairfx.com

No probs, I'll go with the UK £5 option as its probably easiest at this time of night, thanks for the help though!

Cheers, Des.

Bought the voucher for £5 and it worked no problem,

05/07/2010 PPRTU ROAMING TOPUP €5.86

Exchange rate isn't too bad. 1.17 when the mid price is about 1.19

Anyway, thats me topped up for another 6 months :)

Cheers, Des.

• Advertisement

glad you got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

does that work with any vodafone roaming top up? never knew you could do that?

snaps wrote: »
    does that work with any vodafone roaming top up? never knew you could do that?

Not _every_ one, there is a list of countries on the vodafone site of applicable countries.

I noticed Spain wasn't included which is strange.

Cheers, Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭timmer3

old thread i know, but just in case anyone is interested, if you are using google chrome (or firefox with the firebug extension), you can top up online at vodafone.ie by 5 euro. the options in their drop down menu are limited to 10 / 20 etc., but you can edit this via chrome, just press Ctrl+Shift+C and navigate in to the 'select' element for the payment drop down menu, and change the 'value' and the text for the first item to 5 instead of 10 etc. submit the form and it works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Thank you very much. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

timmer3 wrote: »
    ...you can edit this via chrome, just press Ctrl+Shift+C and navigate in to the 'select' element for the payment drop down menu, and change the 'value' and the text for the first item to 5 instead of 10 etc. .....

Old thread -- but this option doesn't seem to work anymore. :(

It fails on a subsequent screen after confirming CC details and €5 topup. Good while it lasted!

Advertisement