Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cairde Festival

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Have to say I'm disappointed I'm going to be away for most of it, looking at the programme it looks like it's going to be a great week, and great value too! Thankfully I made it to 'Parkfest' on Sunday and had an absolute blast, some great music and performances, reminded me of the Art's festivals that used to happen when I was a kid. Big kudos to the organisors I have to say, it's great to see this kind of thing happening in Sligo. Did anyone else make it to any of the gigs/events? Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

We made it to the Parkfest as well and had a great day, the weather obviously wasnt the best but it didnt dampen peoples spirits. Highlights for me were the storytelling tent (catered for different age groups throughout the day) and Baron von glockenspiel from Lederhosen land! (think that was his name):)

Hope to make it in this afternoon for more storytelling in town. Would agree with Truley, well done to the organisers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was hoping to get to the Parkfest, but the weather put me off. Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

We had a great day, super free family fun. This is the best day of the year in terms of value and craic for a family. It is a pity that the event is so badly marketed and so few people know about it. The event organisers should take a bow for their efforts and vision but need to have a big rethink on the 'lack' of public awareness for this amazing day. It is a pity that such effort is put in only for a few hours (1pm to 7pm). It would be so great if parkfest ran over two days and seriously increase attendance. I have never experienced such a feeling of community spirit as was in the beautiful peacepark that day. Well done Cairde on staging such a fun event, free of charge, just get on the radio and advertise it a bit better for next year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Well in fairness to the organisers, there is a whole lot of other stuff on too, so the Parkfest is only part of it.
    Apparently the gig on Saturday night was fabulous and I was out at two of the gigs last night, both of which were very well attended.
    The first, a poetry and piano recital, was much more entertaining than many expected, while the music in upstairs in McGarrigles had the whole place boppin.
    Tonight there is the burlesque show, which has been on before and is great craic, with lots of scantily clad ladies, dudes and dudettes floating about the place.
    It's certainly jam packed full of interesting and unusual bands and performers, so fair play to Tara and the rest of those who have helped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

and Baron von glockenspiel from Lederhosen land! (think that was his name):)

Ha ha yeah the baron he was a hoot! I think I was laughing more than most of the kids there! :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement