Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Credit Woes

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting work in September and am completely stressed out. I've been asked to get a tax credit form and tried but was told I have to first fill out a form called the 12a form. However, it seems the 12a form is supposed to be filled out during employment and my new employer wants me to bring in my tax credit form on the first day so what do I do? Revenue have been horribly unhelpful on the phone. This is really upsetting me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey sorry to hear about your predicament. Best advice is to obtain your new employers tax nuimber and ring 1890 222425 with employers tax no and your PPS no. Tell them you want to register with your new employer. Within a week or two your new employer should get your tax credits. Impossbile for you to turn up with your certificate of tax credits as this is sent to the employer, you will get a less detailed form of this cert is the post also. If you have a P45 you could give this to your new employer otherwise the above is your only option.

Good luck with the new job :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Don't worry too much about not having the form on day one. The employer is able to charge you emergency tax until you get your tax sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Work Problems

dudara

Advertisement