Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

deleting tabs on toolbar

• 05-07-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hope someone can help me

I am pretty much computer illiterate

Some football forums i have been on seem to have nested on my toolbar as tabs and cant delete them

It seems to have been planted by the football site and has personal information on it which when i click on it just opens

I have tried googling and searching, but as I say im pc illiterate and maybe not using correct terminology

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hey,

There are a few potential solutions to this. Try these:

- Go to the 'View' menu in your browser, and then select 'Toolbars'. From there, you can select/deselect which ones you wish.

- Go at 'Add or Remove Programs' in 'Control Panel', and remove any of them from there (if they had been instaled that way automatically).

- Go to the 'Tools' menu in your browser, and then select 'Manage Add-Ons'. From there, you can delete and/or disable processes that you dont' want running in your browser.

Take care,
    Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oneohone

Thanks for that Kevin ..tried it butr doesnt seem to work

I think maybe its an add on rather than in toolbox

As I say im computer illitrtate..
    If i look from top of screen...
    First line is search engine
    2nd line Mc Afee Search
    next line where problem is...reads across as follows
    Favourites
    Google (2)
    Google Images
    Football Forum ( which I want to delete )
    Anoyher football games thing
    Free Hotmail
    Get more add ons
    Suggested sites
    Them lastly link to football forum

Any thoughts Kevin I would be grateful

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

If i understand you correctly you are talking about your bookmarks toolbar.

In which case for Firefox click on Bookmarks / Bookmarks toolbar then right click and delete whichever ones you want or in Internet Explorer click favorites / favourites bar and right click and delete them.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oneohone

That did the job ET...Thanks a lot

Advertisement