Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Distribute and Control SKYHD and UPC PVR from other rooms

• 05-07-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im currently cabling my house and want to distribute tv to the rooms around the house from the main living room. We currently have a SKY HD box and an NTL PVR set up in different rooms but I want to put them both away in the cabinet in the living room and supply the house from there if possible.

I currently have the the feeds running in the cabinet in the living room, and I also have one Co-Ax Drop to each room around the house that are all run back to the attic space.

My main question is what splitter box type solution should I implement to distribute the signal around the house so both boxes can be controlled from any TV in the house by some magic eye type solution.

I also want to have the possibility to drop down Irish Digital Freeview when it comes online and maybe SatFreeview either...

I have looked online and seen a product called LOFTBOX by TVLink but im not sure if that will do all I need to do. If this is the correct procuct will the tv link eye work with the NTL PVR?

I know picture quality suffers over RF feeds but I dont need HD or Scart quality in the bedrooms or kitchen when watching one of the digiboxes.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 rob_

Hi Gary,
    there is a product called a Skylink, this is designed to use sky eyes to control centrally located devices such as the ntl box or dvd player. You simply stick an infrared emitter over the front of the ntlbox(or dvd player etc) and run it through your standard rf disribution system.
    I normally recommend running 6 coax cables from the attic to the boxes, for future proofing, then one fed back in to a loftbox or similar.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GaryW

Thank Rob, I googled sky link but came up with TV Link as a solution, has anyone used this with the NTL PVR and is it compatible, Looking at thier webpage their LoftBox seems to fit what I need but can anyone confirm this. Thanks again

Advertisement