Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking post or car stops - cost?

• 05-07-2010 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I received a price of £120.00 for a parking post - now this will be sunk 16 inches into the ground and the post is one where you can take it out and there is a flap cover on it.

The price includes fitting and lock.

Just curious if this seems like a fair price?

The same fabricator also quoted me £190 for a metal grille cover complete with lock protector for a standard commerical pedestrian door. This is fitted.

My initial opinion was the prices seem fair but still worth negotiating a little bit.

He is a decent guy and I would not want him to not make a bit on me plus I do want a decent job!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The post seems a fair price - mine was €140.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Thanks mate.
    Is yours sunk into the ground as well?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

mine was 70e but my bro done it for me ;)

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Thanks mate.
    Is yours sunk into the ground as well?

Yes, about a foot.

Thanks guys.

I am getting two posts and two grilles = £620.00 so will push to have it all done for £550.00 which seems a tad more realistic based on the above.

Final question nipplenuts - did you price around at the time and find 140 was a good price for the job?

• Advertisement

Just a little bump.

Actually no. Someone tried to swipe the car so next morning I went online and took the first company that would come straight out and fit a post.

Thanks mate!

Advertisement