Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I lost a bike lock key

• 05-07-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

As the subject says, I lost the key to my bike lock. What would be the easiest way to get it cut - I'm pretty sure a bolt cutters isn't strong enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

What kind of lock is it?

If it's a cable lock then a bolt cutters would probably do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where is the spare?

Talk to your local garda station and they may be able to help. Sometimes by asking the fire brigade (if they aren't doing anything at the time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

As the subject says, I lost the key to my bike lock. What would be the easiest way to get into bike thievery - I'm pretty sure a bolt cutters isn't strong enough as I already have one.

Fixed for you. Don't expect a big response into how to cut through bike locks on a cycling forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Battery powered angle grinder if you have one - 10 seconds max

If not then it's a hacksaw with a steel cutting blade - 5 to 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I'm assuming it's not a Kryptonite as they have a key replacement option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Fixed for you. Don't expect a big response into how to cut through bike locks on a cycling forum!

Worst joke ever. I don't need you to fix any of my posts. If I want to fix them I'll edit them myself.

The bike is locked at the back of my house - so unless you think some stranger left it there its safe to say its mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

If there is an actual padlock, hold it down on some concrete and give it a few thumps of a lump hammer - that should do it.
    If it's a U-Lock, try prising the bars apart with a car jack.
    If it's a cable or chain you need to cut through, then you can get a cheap 500w angle grinder in B&Q for under €20 including cutting disc.

Advertisement