Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident at Bohermore

Options
  • 05-07-2010 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Today at around 3pm,anyone see it? What happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Hope the man's ok, and fair play to him he managed to deal with what sounds like a heart attack and ensure no one else go injured.

When I read the shortened version of this URL I thought part of the city had collapsed. Jeez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Jesus. Hope he is ok,saw two ambulances there and a Garda car. Just saw them load the ambulance with a person but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Just goes to highlight the use of a defribrillator. If its used within 15 minutes of heart failure you have a 75% chance of survival.
    After that survival times drop dramatically.
    I learnt cpr and how to use a defribrillator on an occupational first aid course. The instructor siad that nearly every home in ireland has a smoke alarm and yet very few public places have defribs.
    14,000 people a year die from heart attacks, the vast majority would be saved if one was nearby.

If ye can do a course ye should, even cpr can help to keep someone alive until an ambulance arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Are we talking about the same accident??? OP says Bothermore, link says sandy road??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Are we talking about the same accident??? OP says Bothermore, link says sandy road??

Top of Sandy Road just off the roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

skelliser wrote: »
    I learnt cpr and how to use a defribrillator on an occupational first aid course. The instructor siad that nearly every home in ireland has a smoke alarm and yet very few public places have defribs.
    14,000 people a year die from heart attacks, the vast majority would be saved if one was nearby.

Did the same and heard the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

skelliser wrote: »
    Just goes to highlight the use of a . If its used within 15 minutes of heart failure you have a 75% chance of survival.
    After that survival times drop dramatically.

If ye can do a course ye should, even cpr can help to keep someone alive until an ambulance arrives.

On the subject of defribrillators, is there many of them located in any public areas, I don't mean on the street, I mean cinemas, shopping centers ect?? Is there a list of locations ect?? We have one in the workplace but don't think I've seen any elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

martyboy48 wrote: »
    On the subject of defribrillators, is there many of them located in any public areas, I don't mean on the street, I mean cinemas, shopping centers ect?? Is there a list of locations ect?? We have one in the workplace but don't think I've seen any elsewhere...

There are a few around, Galway Shopping Centre is the only one i remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Every GAA club has one now afaik. Also any new public building hasto have one by law iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

God hope he's ok now! :(

When I read the shortened version of this URL I thought part of the city had collapsed. Jeez.

Haha me too.. I was like wtf!

Advertisement