Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commercial fleet insurance

• 05-07-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am not a biker but am looking for some help. My partner has just started a new job with a new business that is due to start trading/operating next month.
    As part of the business they have purchased a number of harley davidsons to use for promotional activity. However, they are having serious difficulty obtaining insurance for the bikes?
    Has anybody here heard of a similar situation before or know an insurance company here or maybe in the uk that would be able to provide cover?
    There are 4 bikes and I would imagine there will be different people riding the bikes at different times.
    If you need any further info just let me know.

Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Em, good luck with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Em, good luck with that.

There has to be some way surely, I know what they are like here, however think of the AA rescue bikes and there are a few EMT bikes still about in Dublin aren't they. Though I haven't seen any recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

pony (express) the herald and the aa are the only non-govs i can think of that use fleet bikes

most other comercial bike insurance is on the rider

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Ask paddy147
    paddy147 wrote: »
    My policy is fully comp/complete coverage in any event,gives my full private/leisure coverage 24h a day,just to clear that matter up.Thats on car,jeep or bike,there are no restrictions on it.

Instead of some of you blabbing on about it and thinking that "you" know what my policy does or does not entitle me to do or drive,why dont some of "you" actually go and ring around and do your homework and research a little harder.

It aint rocket science.

Regards.:)
    paddy147 wrote: »
    Eh........................................no

1-Pick up phone.
    2-Ring around,get and go through all insurance companies.
    3-Specify what you want covered and what coverage and extras or benifits you want.Specify any extra/named drivers too (like the missus)
    4-Get quote,pay via visa or with bankdraft.
    5-Sit back,relax and enjoy a nice cuppa tea.
    6-Go suss it out yourself instead of talking on and on here,when you dont really seem to be clued up.Because most of what you have said here is so far off the mark.

7-Regards and Adios,thats a rap for me.Its now up to you to suss it all out.so happy hunting.

P.S-being over 30 does help too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

Just a follow up to say that eventually got the cover sorted through a broker in Dublin who my family had done business with for many years for standard motor and home insurance. I'll post the name of the company if nobody has any objections as somebody may find it useful in the future with similar requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danennis

Homer wrote: »
    Just a follow up to say that eventually got the cover sorted through a broker in Dublin who my family had done business with for many years for standard motor and home insurance. I'll post the name of the company if nobody has any objections as somebody may find it useful in the future with similar requirements.

Hi could you post the details of the broker who sorted the insurance for you? I kind of need the same.
    Thanks,
    Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danennis

Homer wrote: »

Hi could you post the name of the broker who sorted the insurance for you?
    I need the same.
    Thanks a lot
    Dan

Advertisement