Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a career change in Australia on a WHV?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm moving to Melbourne in December for a year. I'm doing my final professional accountancy exams in September but afterwards I really dont want to have anything to do with the profession at all. I really dislike it and I'd like a new fresh start. The only problem is that accountancy is the only area i have any experience in. For any other profession I have no experience or qualifications. Is it possible to make a new start and get a job in Australia in something that you have no prior experience in? For example working in a wildlife centre, or working with an Adventure Tours company, or indeed ANYTHING that is more interesting than financial services type jobs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

04072511 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm moving to Melbourne in December for a year. I'm doing my final professional accountancy exams in September but afterwards I really dont want to have anything to do with the profession at all. I really dislike it and I'd like a new fresh start. The only problem is that accountancy is the only area i have any experience in. For any other profession I have no experience or qualifications. Is it possible to make a new start and get a job in Australia in something that you have no prior experience in? For example working in a wildlife centre, or working with an Adventure Tours company, or indeed ANYTHING that is more interesting than financial services type jobs?

Thanks

Put it this way. If you are going on a working holiday visa the chances are you will have to take something you have no experience in. So all in all a great chance to try a few different things and see if anything "fits".

Advertisement