Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COIS FARRAIGE 2010??

Options
  • 05-07-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

hi guys,

anyone know the story with cos farraige? heard it was cancelled this year and cant seem to get much info on net...?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

it is cancelled it is posted on the MCD website thay are the hosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

why is it cancelled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

lack of demand

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

It's on next May again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

conno16 wrote: »
    lack of demand

no major sponsorship actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

I was working at this last year as security and there wasnt many people at it... they originally planned to only sell weekend tickets and after the low crowds on the first night they were forced to sell single night tickets... and even with that the place wasnt busy...

from being down there it just seemed that people werent bothered going into(or paying into) the gigs what ever the case may be... because Kilkee was absolutely hopping the whole weekend... its a pity because there were some fantastic acts on at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

We went down to this last year and you're right, Kilkee was hopping but the gigs themselves were dead. Pity too because how often would someone like Doves play in Clare? We thought it would be heaving down there. It was a great weekend weather wise so people just stayed in and around the pubs in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It was brilliant last year, the weather made it, amazing, but yea all the craic was in the town and the beach.. in fact I was only in the main tent for about 3 hours over the whole weekend I reckon (and I'd a full weekend ticket)

Was looking forward to it again this year, but would I have bought a weekend ticket again.. thats another matter

Advertisement