Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coma (Discussion)

Options
  • 05-07-2010 5:28pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from my other thread regarding artsy games on NewGrounds (The other being "Every Day The Same Dream") I opened up my email to the daily featured Flash entries on Newgrounds from about 2-3 days ago and No.1 was a little game called "Coma".

The story is obvious if you read the only given line in the summary, but the execution isn't. I didn't know wether I was playing a horror / thriller, an art based offering, puzzler... It comes across like a twisted "Abe's Oddyssy" but looks beautiful and tells little, but enough, for the player to approach it and know whats going on but have plenty of space for questions or making up their own mind.

Like EDTSDream thread, I just wondered if people would like this cute little flash and maybe have a different view of the story to what others may thing. Really was a little treat to play.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I don't know what it was exactly but I enjoyed playing it and was disappointed when it ended. I loved the fact that all you were given was the controls drawn on the wallpaper and you had to work out the rest yourself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Have you played Closure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just finished it there. Strange game alright, but very well done. Is there any other possible ending than
    your in a coma, and you have to ring the bell to wake up - but something doesn't want you to wake (that woman thing in the clouds)
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Well heres my interpretation of it.
    The characters in the game were the parts of Pete's brain that didn't want him to wake up, while the bird thing was the only thing wanting him to wake up, going as far as to trick him using his Sister as a ploy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

wow....

Emotion is a simple thing big time devs leave out of their games. Hats off to the boys that made this, absolutely beautiful!

Class tune as well

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Check out the new game Limbo!!!!

Looks just like coma!!!!

rip off??

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-pod-limbo/701815

Advertisement