Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foraign National not repaying a loan.

Options
  • 05-07-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey Guys.
    Sorry if this is the wrong section, mods please feel free to move it if it is.

Anyway, was talking to a Polish guy today, know him for a few years, he's moving back to Poland in a few weeks, he was telling me that he owes 5500 to AIB on a personal loan and he's just going to forget about, is there many foreign nationals doing this, how can they get away with this? Can AIB not chase them, they are part of the EU after all.

Vinnie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

... and AIB have an operation in Poland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

He will be chased by AIB. Ask him for a forwarding address for his mail, then shop him to AIB (for a fee).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

Victor wrote: »
    ... and AIB have an operation in Poland. :)

Yeah, but not for long, they are forced to sell it (despite that it's actually very profitable).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Irish people do this as well you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Irish people do this as well you know.

I didnt say they didnt, just it would be more frequent for a person from another country to leave and not come back then for a Irish person to do it and plus it was a Polish guy that said it to me not a Irish person.

So would they chase him for it, what means would they really have of getting it back from him though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement