Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TDF: Stage 3 thread - spoil away! :)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

papac wrote: »
    I don't know if there was a ban on bike changing yesterday but it would make a certain amount of sense. In the absence of such a ban they could just change to a specially set up cobbles bike at the start of each (or the longer) pave sections.Just a thought.
    I read somewhere that there was a specific ban yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    Why could they not take a team mates bike? They do that all the time, Andy took Breschel's bike the day before.

They could take team mates bikes.... what was not allowed was any neutral service bikes (the nice yellow mavic ones) or taking a bike of of a mechanic etc who was waiting at the side of the road, like Cancellara did at Roubaix.

Andy could have taken Brechels, or Franks, or Fabians if he'd needed it, or one off the Saxobank car, but not one waiting on the side of the road with a mechanic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

papac wrote: »
    In hindsight I may have been a bid hasty in condemning Vino. I had just seen the incident and thought he was doing a repeat of the Giro ttt. (Btw I meant Vino was an ass wipe- as opposed to Contador.)

Aha! My apologies, papac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that there was a specific ban yesterday

There was no ban on changing bikes but it was restricted in that you could only get a bike from your team car and not from a mechanic standing at the roadside (though you could get a wheel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

cantalach wrote: »
    There was no ban on changing bikes but it was restricted in that you could only get a bike from your team car and not from a mechanic standing at the roadside (though you could get a wheel).
    yeah sorry i should have been more clear on what i meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Well I think so!

[mod note: merged with Stage 3 thread]

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

[mod note: merged with Stage 3 thread][/QUOTE]

Cheers

Advertisement