Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEEE - Limerick

Options
  • 05-07-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hello kind folks of internetland. I have a question. I have an old TV that I want to get rid of to that recycling place called WEEE. I can't find it though, where is it? According to their website, it's on Park Road, but i was up there last week and couldn't find it. Am I completely blind or is located somewhere else?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Im not 110% sure but I would imagine it is the one beside Musgraves Cash and carry. there is a small road/lane to the left of musgraves and in there on the left then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Hello kind folks of internetland. I have a question. I have an old TV that I want to get rid of to that recycling place called WEEE. I can't find it though, where is it? According to their website, it's on Park Road, but i was up there last week and couldn't find it. Am I completely blind or is located somewhere else?

Ta

I was of the understanding that WEEE was the name of the scheme and not of a particular outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yes it's definitely the lane beside Musgraves on the left as you go in. Behind the bottle banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

It is indeed beside Musgraves cash and carry however they are collected directly by Hegartys so you also drop it directly to them on the tipperary road for free if thats easier for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Musgraves cash and carry eh? is that the place on Carey's Road?
    I'll try Hegarty's on the Tipp road though, might be handier for me.

Thanks folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Billy is right - Link

- I will refrain from adding my original recommendation re. Poormans Kilkee and Weee because its Tuesday.

I was of the understanding that WEEE was the name of the scheme and not of a particular outlet.

Just saw this now. That makes a lot more sense now. Thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Park Road CAS
    Rhebogue, Park Road
    Site Contact
    Stuart Roche, tel:061407354
    Site Operator
    Limerick City Council
    Local Authority Contact
    tel: 061407354
    Public Opening Hours
    8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday
    Retailer Opening Hours
    8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday
    Comments
    Open to public and retailers

- Am assuming you've ruled out the Clare Glens so?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Moman

also worth remembering that if you are a buying a new tv, the same shop will take your old tv from you as part of the WEEE policy

Moman wrote: »
    also worth remembering that if you are a buying a new tv, the same shop will take your old tv from you as part of the WEEE policy

That's one thing I did know. I bought my current TV online though, so didn't have the option to just bring along the old one to get rid of it. Hence when it's been sitting gathering dust for the last year and me not knowing where to bring it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The centre on the Dock Road - just past the new roundabouts, heading towards Mungret, takes TVs and computers as well, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Sure does. Ive dumped an old small TV there and a couple of old PCs as well as other electrical items in the past couple of years. Very handy place.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    The centre on the Dock Road - just past the new roundabouts, heading towards Mungret, takes TVs and computers as well, AFAIK.

Where is this place located? I drove in around the estate where they do the lawnmowers and there's a driving lesson's place too, but didn't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Keep going out towards Mungret, past the cement factory and the level crossing. It's on your left, it's not in an estate or anything. There's big signs on the main road for it.

They normally charge €5 for a car, but it should be free if you're only disposing of WEEE.

http://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

Where is this place located? I drove in around the estate where they do the lawnmowers and there's a driving lesson's place too, but didn't see anything.

Pass out the roundabouts at both side of the new road for the tunnel, keep straight out the N69 towards Foynes, over the level crossing, shorthly after this on your left is the entrance to the places you mentioned. The next entrance (about 500m) is into the dog pound and the recycling centre, you have to go into the roundabout and turn to come back out to enter the facility itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

thread should be merged with this one...
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055961720 :D

Advertisement