Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maradona quits (apparently)

• 05-07-2010 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard it on radio, no details to hand

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

No real suprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

About 9 months to late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Awh... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Not a word about this on any site yet!! What radio station was it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

No!!! He was the most entertaining part of the WC so far for me. His squad selection was a bit questionable (alright, very questionable) but he was a great source of entertainment. And the Argie players seemed to really love him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,817 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

He has only hinted at resigning (during interview for Argentinian radio station Cronica)

Linky

AFP translation of the original:

Maradona hints at resignation

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

BUENOS AIRES — Argentina coach Diego Maradona hinted he may resign as he returned home following his side's World Cup elimination, according to a report from Argentine cable channel Cronica TV.

"That's it, my cycle has finished," Maradona reportedly said as he arrived at his home here on Sunday evening. "I gave all I had."

The day before, the captain of Argentina's 1986 World Cup-winning side said: "I haven't decided about my future yet. I have to talk to my family, the players and the federation. It depends on lots of things."

Luis Segura, president of Maradona's formative club Argentinos Juniors and a close friend of Argentine Football Association (AFA) president Julio Grondona, said that it was up to Maradona to decide on his future.

"The person who'll have to decide if he continues or not is Maradona," Segura told TyC sports channel.

"It depends on him. But Grondona has never interrupted a (national coach's) contract and if Diego decides to continue, he'll continue.

"I think he should see out his contract, which expires after next year's Copa America in Argentina."

Argentina, one of the pre-tournament favourites, were knocked out of the World Cup after losing 4-0 to Germany in the quarter-finals but were greeted by 10,000 cheering fans when they returned to the country on Sunday.

Copyright © 2010 AFP. All rights reserved. More »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Would be disappointing, I grew to really like Maradona during this tournament.

Advertisement