Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junk mail

Options
  • 05-07-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed a sharp rise in junk mail recently? I'm sick of it. I don't eat fast food thanks! What can be done to stop it, any signs etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

Sign above the letterbox... No junk mail thanks....It works!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Sign above the letterbox... No junk mail thanks....It works!

Would this sign work for those 'charity' clothes collectors:mad::mad: I'm getting an awful lot of them lately.. Won't even close the gate behind them:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

They usually work for the clothes collection guys during the day but sometimes in the middle of the night the odd one comes in.

I recomend putting the sign on the letterbox as they have to lift the flap to put the stuff in. so if the sign is on the letterbox...no excuse. Trust me I run a small business selling these signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Would this sign work for those 'charity' clothes collectors:mad::mad: I'm getting an awful lot of them lately.. Won't even close the gate behind them:mad:

Yeah you just don't know whether the clothes collectors are genine or not. Like most I gather up my old clothes every 4 months or so and give them to charity shops like the GSPCA so never have anything for them anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Carolyyn wrote: »
    Yeah you just don't know whether the clothes collectors are genine or not. Like most I gather up my old clothes every 4 months or so and give them to charity shops like the GSPCA so never have anything for them anyway..

Yes, from so many bad reports about them, I don't trust any of them. I bring my few bits directly to the charity shops myself..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

The clothes collectors are usually a company, hence their registered number at the bottom of the sticker. The fact that they sometimes pretend to be collecting them for bogus charities is wrong. If it was a registered charity it would have a CHY number, which they dont. So if you wanna give your stuff to a charity drop them in to town.

Advertisement