Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Dealer/Vehicle Sales

Options
  • 05-07-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Guys what cms would you recommend for Car dealer/vehicle sales web site? The usual crack, upload vehicles, multiple images etc etc. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Anybody? Anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Brady

Hey there,

I would say go for worldpress CMS, its free and does exactly what you are looking for.

Just install it on the server create a new site from thier templates or buy a template for it (im sure you can find a car one)

Cheers Brady. I'm very familiar with wordpress but does it have a vehicle sales plugin or something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

I would say Magento, I came across a plugin before for it that allows for sales by vehicle type, year, value etc but I can't find it atm

Is magento open source? if not how much (Roughly) I found an admanager plugin that works with joomla that might do the trick too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lostinspace

Yes Magento is Open Source. There is a steep learning curve with it but it's an excellent system

Would it be comparable with Zen cart? I'm very competent with Zen cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I'm very competent with Zen aswell, and have played around with Magento, but I honestly think because i'm used to Zen Cart way of things, it makes learning Magento 10x harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

From a motoring point of view, rather than a technical one - if this is for a dealer rather than yet another car classifieds site, then I think you'd be better off embedding the carzone listing for a garage on your own site. They can customise the look and feel so it matches your design to some degree.

Good idea Eoin, my only reservation would be that its for a bus dealership so I'm not sure how applicable Carzone might be.

• Advertisement

Shzm wrote: »
    I'm very competent with Zen aswell, and have played around with Magento, but I honestly think because i'm used to Zen Cart way of things, it makes learning Magento 10x harder.

oh curses! Thats why I love working on the web!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Joomla + Sobi2 will do what you're after... its fairly easy to get to grips with and give you the options of selling listings at a later date.

Cheers for that! Never used Sobi. Will have a look into it!

Advertisement