Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTTP: Assassins Creed II

Options
  • 05-07-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I avoided Assassins Creed II when it came out back in November last year. I hated the first game so decided I wouldn't try the sequel till it was cheap. Well I picked it up cheap a few weeks ago and have been playing through it recently.

I've been really enjoying it. Far, far better than the first. I've really only been doing the main story line missions and only the odd side mission. I do have one question though.

If you complete the story line can you continue on playing as Ezio and go back and complete all the optional side missions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If you complete the story line can you continue on playing as Ezio and go back and complete all the optional side missions?

You can indeed. It's one of the easier games out there to platinum and the only one that I have so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

great game

cant wait for the brotherhood either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished this game a few moments ago. I wasn't expecting the game to be so long. I think I put about 22 hours into the story.

I have to say I really enjoyed it. Certainly far, far superior to the first. I still have some of the video files of The Truth to unlock but I finished with 92% of the Trophies which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

My flatmate has this so it's accessible to me whenever I get around to it. I've never played the first. I assume it would be ok to jump straight into this without knowing any of the plot of the first? Having played both of the Uncharted's, the sequel wouldn't be the same for those who didn't play the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

The only thing the game is missing is being able to repeat missions like you did in the first game :(

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    My flatmate has this so it's accessible to me whenever I get around to it. I've never played the first. I assume it would be ok to jump straight into this without knowing any of the plot of the first? Having played both of the Uncharted's, the sequel wouldn't be the same for those who didn't play the first.

Yeah, you can definitely hop straight into the sequel. I only played the first hour of the original game and then left it. It didn't hamper my enjoyment of this game one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

finally got around to playing this through last week, great game, never played the first so this was a completley new experience. very hard to compare it to any other game.

can't wait for brotherhood

I'm missing 3 of those bloody feathers in Venice. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ezio > Altair.

Way more interesting story, levels and characters.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

chrislad wrote: »
    Ezio > Altair.

Way more interesting story, levels and characters.

The first one was absolutely breathtaking to look at, but was very repetitive on the gameplay. Probably still the bast looking PS3 game for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

combat is much better in brotherhood it seems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZlioiBfSc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I might buy AC2 the complete edition as its down to €35 new on the PS3 here or €31 on the Xbox 360 Here

Just got the Platinum Trophy in Assassin's Creed 2.

Advertisement