Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i get help paying rental deposit? and will i be getting less in rent supplement?

• 05-07-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Found out recently that we will need to move in the next 30 days or so, the house im living in is being sold. I was under the assumtion that our rent would be cut since the new cut backs a few weeks back but we are getting the same currently for our place now. so 2 questions when we move will the rent be cut to the new guidelines, ( currently getting 91 for the family 2 adults 1 child) and the most important question can u possibly recieve help for the depooit of new house. Thanks very much for any advice.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

New rent thresholds will apply.
    Doubt you will get help with a deposit/it will be very difficult. Won't you be getting a deposit back from the house you're in at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Found out recently that we will need to move in the next 30 days or so, the house im living in is being sold. I was under the assumtion that our rent would be cut since the new cut backs a few weeks back but we are getting the same currently for our place now. so 2 questions when we move will the rent be cut to the new guidelines, ( currently getting 91 for the family 2 adults 1 child) and the most important question can u possibly recieve help for the depooit of new house. Thanks very much for any advice.

Can i ask if you are getting your deposit back?? and if so then there is no need for help from CWO
    If your not getting your deposit back then why...CWO will ask this

If you are on social welfare the basic rule is that if you have not received help with your deposit in the past then your CWO may decide to help you, but you need to go and plead your case to them

Also RA new rules will apply and you will not be able to top your rent up as was what could be done before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 goldfish6483

I was renting this from a friend he owns the home. so i didnt have to pay a deposit, also what does "top up the rent mean" im assuming u are refering to the new 400 euor limit they now have in place for leitrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I was renting this from a friend he owns the home. so i didnt have to pay a deposit, also what does "top up the rent mean" im assuming u are refering to the new 400 euor limit they now have in place for leitrim.

okay then so since you never paid a deposit and havent received help before in getting one you can go to your local CWO and ask for help...most only do it once you have secured a place (i know doesnt make much sense how can you secure a place without one:confused:) but it really depends on your officer i only have experience with dublin ones
    and top up the rent means that you can only rent a place for the max allowed in your area in your case 400p/m if it is 450 you are not allowed to add the extra 50 yourself CWO needs proof that it is within the limits so they require a lease stating the rent
    but your best bet is to go and talk to your CWO before you move and find out what your CWO requires they have been know to differ from CWO to CWO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 goldfish6483

Thank you very much for ur advice, its hard finding any info online been looking all day.
    thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement