Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bobby Kotick not a fan of xbox live

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bobby Kotick can suck a barbed wire dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bobby Kotick can suck a barbed wire dick.

He'd probably do it if he could charge PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mr E wrote: »
    He'd probably do it if he could charge PPV.
    Sounds like good business.Id pay

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

To me that reads like a veiled threat to Microsoft, possibly for leverage in cutting a deal to get them to reduce their 30% Live transaction cut. - 'You need CoD more than we need the 360. Cut us in on the action or we'll go.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Nah which would be worse for both company,

To Lose Xbox, Activision would solely be a pc and ps3 company would mean profits would be halfed as he said the amount of people playing COD on xbox live would mean they would either all have to migrate to the PS3 or just start playing something else.

Microsoft would be wary for the same reasons but i think would have less to lose on that gamble.

All they'd have to do would be to promote EA/Medal Of Honour heavily.

Think it's just bobby talking to shareholders tbh,

He's a bit like Michael O'Leary,

They both come across on paper and media as complete dicks but fantastic business men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I have never bought a call of duty game because they are just the same game year after year and they still cost €60 and the icing on the cake is that they still charge 1200 for 3 map packs and 2 old maps from cod4 :mad:. Its sad to see some developers go bankrupt who actually put some effort into their games such as cing (who developed little kings story for wii)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Meanwhile, over at Bungie HQ...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

strange this 60% figure seems to be plucked from out of the air, I'd love to see the basis for the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Basis is probably that 60% of Gold subscribers have played a CoD game, which means that 60% MUST HAVE bought XBLGold to play said game exclusively. Its some pretty obvious causation right there :rolleyes: wait....correla-what??

That or was some survey (probably from a CoD fansite or such) where they got the result.

Advertisement