Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any night buses in Galway?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I think I saw a bus last Saturday on Eyre Square saying Night Link or something like that. Are there any buses operating after 11:30pm? I think Number 9 goes the latest which is 11:30pm

Oh I would need one going towards Renmore or somewhere along Dublin Road. Doubt there is one but figured I'd ask.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This may surprise you but the Bus Station has a telephone line which is proven to work

rh5555 wrote: »
    I think I saw a bus last Saturday on Eyre Square saying Night Link or something like that. Are there any buses operating after 11:30pm? I think Number 9 goes the latest which is 11:30pm

Oh I would need one going towards Renmore or somewhere along Dublin Road. Doubt there is one but figured I'd ask.

I think those Night Link buses only operate to transport people who live in areas like Athenry, Spiddal etc. where getting a cab just wouldn't be a feasible option. As far as I'm aware, all Bus Eireann city buses finish at 11:30 or around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

TY brokenlaptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Was out on saturday and got a city link home at 3.30 which was fairly handy! Think it was heading to dublin airport...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Depends where you want to go I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

snubbleste wrote: »
    This may surprise you but the Bus Station has a telephone line which is proven to work

Ever tried ringing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »

But only provides information about Bus Éireann services, which won't be overly helpful in this instance.

OP, the bus you saw was operate by Farrells, and goes to Athenry (with stops along the way, possibly even at Oranmore .. I've not tried it and can't remember all the details).

As someone else said, there's a 3-mumble am bus to Shannon airport, which is also used by folks who've had a night on the town and live in that direction. (Goodness only knows what the journey is like!). There's also 1:15 and 2:15am CityLink multi-stop buses to Dublin, which stop at Oranmore, Loughrea etc.

There are NO night-services in the city: Bus Éireann tried it a couple of years back, but only for a short time (summer? Christmas?), and they've not repeated them again.

... I'd be fascinated to hear how it went for anyone who got on the CityLink bus at the station and asked for a ticket to GMIT: technically it's possible 'cos they stop there. Not sure what they'd charge though.

Advertisement