Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock off campus housing?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey all,

I'm coming to do a MSc at the Smurfit school in September and I was wondering if their is any off campus housing on or around the Blackrock campus.

If so, what are the websites that I would use to look at these accommodations? I am not from Ireland originally, so I don't know what the popular real estate websites are.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

like the poster above me advised, go to daft.ie you will find may things there.

However be prepared to negotiate with the guy renting or whatever. Personally I would not accept any offer they have online unless it was very resonable

Likely they will try anything to get rates up, but they will accept any decent money over no tenent! :P

In general though, If you can get somewhere on the N11 you will be fine, insanely good bus routes followed by a 5 min walk.

Ps im doing a M.Sc next year there to, mind me asking what you are going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 itsblitz1

I should be doing the MSc Marketing program. It's not 100% yet, but that's probably what i'll be doing.

Since i'm not from Ireland, the student housing seems like a convenient situation, but i'm pretty sure that they overcharge for what you receive. Thanks for the information, I will look into it. Do you know what the general standard is for overseas rents? sometimes i've seen that they require a large deposit, which seems a bit dodgy to me. Do you know any good hostels in the area (or ones in the city proper that are close to the bus route) that you would recommend for a few nights?

Thanks for your help again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

No hostels in Blackrock or the surrounding area that I know of and if there are I would imagine they wouldn't be the type you'd want to stay in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

No hostels in Blackrock or the surrounding area that I know of and if there are I would imagine they wouldn't be the type you'd want to stay in.

But if it just for a few nights, anything in Dublin City centre would be suitable. A Dart into Blackrock will not take that long from Tara St, Pearse or Grand Canal Dock.

I went to Blackrock this year and lived in Donnybrook and it was fine. Obviously something withing a 10 minute walking distance would have been better, but it was manageable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 stephen369

Hi I'm in the same boat as most of you here. I am doing the MSc in Project Management. I am just wondering have ye got anything sorted??

Advertisement