Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mir staying at HW just to fight Brock

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

They actually tested punches from the top on a discovery program with randy couture. Punches on the ground had actually a much higher amount of pounds per pressure in each strike than standing ones.

The whole show on Discovery said that if you get hit cleanly on the ground that your head cannot roll back to dissipate the force... its held in place by the matt so that the full force of the punch is focused on the poor fella being hit.

In terms of Brock-v-Carwin... Brock rolled into a foetal postion and never really had a clean shot landed on his chin (the type decribed above) while on his back... So folks saying he has a stone chin are not 100% correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The whole show on Discovery said that if you get hit cleanly on the ground that your head cannot roll back to dissipate the force... its held in place by the matt so that the full force of the punch is focused on the poor fella being hit.

Basically, the force of the blow is also been added too by the mat, but the only time a fighters head gets punched when his head is on the mat is when there already out, they do that on all there tests when they want a higher score-they done it with the knee's also if i do recall, all the kicks where on a pad that moved whn hit then the pad for the knee was basically strapped to a wall!! The show is a farce and will go with whats in vogue at the time!

Brock had Mir pinned and gave him some of the fiercest GnP i've seen and all it done was mark him up, he land a light dig on Randy standing and he folded like a deck of cards! that says it all of which is harder..

Anyway-lets get back on topic about Mir, Personally i think he could not make L Heavy if he tried as he is bulked up too much and is pretty huge now..so his aim should be to get back to brock or whoever the champion is at the time he is ready to challenge again..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That vid of Mir and Nelson is class. Hated that guy "cmon ROOOYYYY" very annoying. Yupp, Nelson is highly underated, there is a reason he is jumping the ranks so fast. Cant wait for him and dos santos to fight.

If Mir beats Nog and comes out healthy, he should fight Carwin again (if shane hasn't fought anyone in the mean time, kinda doubtful tho.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That vid of Mir and Nelson is class. Hated that guy "cmon ROOOYYYY" very annoying. Yupp, Nelson is highly underated, there is a reason he is jumping the ranks so fast. Cant wait for him and dos santos to fight.

If Mir beats Nog and comes out healthy, he should fight Carwin again (if shane hasn't fought anyone in the mean time, kinda doubtful tho.)
    that guy was a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rickson1

Yes, he will add a further 10 pounds to his frame of pure steroids just lke last time and it didn't serve him one bit of good haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rickson1 wrote: »
    Yes, he will add a further 10 pounds to his frame of pure steroids just lke last time and it didn't serve him one bit of good haha

Awesome post, just the sort of thing we need in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya musta been the roids, not the whole working with a contestant from Worlds Strongest Man.

Frank really needs to work on his technique and gameplan. He spent so much time in training to bulk up and it did him no good, twice! He needs to practice getting into better positions on the ground under big guys. BJJ, it's only gay if you make eye contact (sorry, funny email i got a while back!)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Rickson1 wrote: »

Has this website just been merged with Sherdog? Great....

Mir dropping to LHW? He walks at about 285. He's supposed to drop 80 pounds before a fight? Mir could never even make the weight for LHW, maybe in the early days, but not now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Triarius

Mir won't ever beat Lesnar again, he should know that himself, but that doesn't mean this is a bad decision given that the alternative is to try cutting to 205 which clearly isn't the way to go. He may not be able to beat a freak like Lesnar but he can still be fairly successful at HW whereas cutting to 205 (if its even possible) would leave him too weak to even have a chance of winning the LHW title.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dana just announced the winner of the Roy Nelson vs. Junior Dos Santos match would get the winner of Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez.

Lesnar vs Nelson could possibly be the bestest thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheTMO

scudzilla wrote: »
    Awesome post, just the sort of thing we need in here

You can dismiss that post all you want and continue to live in your fantasy world but Mir put on 20lbs of lean muscle in a year. Theres no way in hell thats possible without steroids. I'd quess most UFC fighters cycle on and off and if not then a huge chunk of them are on insulin and HGH which isn't tested.

HGH isnt steriods. Ive no idea what pure steroids are either, does it come from a spring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The 2 people who made steroid claims have been infracted, stop talking about it unless there is some proof to back it up...

Forum charter needs to be read again by people if this is not clear.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

I definitely wouldn't put Mir's weight gain down to steroids, he's one of, if not THE most dedicated and goal-orientated fighters in the UFC. He's probably spent more time in the gym since his accident than any other fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheTMO

ScareGilly wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't put Mir's weight gain down to steroids, he's one of, if not THE most dedicated and goal-orientated fighters in the UFC. He's probably spent more time in the gym since his accident than any other fighter.

I don't care how dedicated and goal oriented you are nor how much time you spend in the gym, 3 stone of lean muscle in one year added to someone who already has a muscular frame (i.e not newbie gains) and is doing HIT on a consistent basis is simply not physically possible. O.K maybe hes just a freak but I'll just say this :

Why is that rugby players (who are tested regularly for steroids) never put on that much size in a year despite doing weights just as much and have training just as intense? Why is it that NFL players (who are only tested if the team they play for wants them to) are so much bigger than rugby players despite them using the same training techniques for strength and size?

Wake up. People cant seriously believe this is possible without steroids? Though as I may be infracted I will say that Mir could quite possible be (the biggest) genetic freak of all time. I dont know. What I do know is that NATURAL bodybuilding competitors (tested regularly) whose single goal is to put on as much muscle as possible (i.e arent training to fight as well) arent even as big as Mir got in a year. Once again why is that?

Just to add : Not accusing Mir of anything just wondering if he is the biggest genetic freak of all time of course.....

• Advertisement

Well, can't remember which fighter was quoted as saying this, but he said "At least half of the UFC is on steroids. That's probably the case, and Mir was probably on them for a while, but definitely not for a year...
    And he wasn't that lean, he was fairly flobby after his accident :p
    TheTMO wrote: »
    Just to add : Not accusing Mir of anything just wondering if he is the biggest genetic freak of all time of course.....

While this could be true, Brock is also a bigger genetic freak :rolleyes:

Lets steer the topic a different direction:

roynelson1-300x219.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    Lets steer the topic a different direction:

roynelson1-300x219.jpg

Is that Mir after the accident? :rolleyes:

Advertisement