Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

town crier?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭

could somebody please explain what's the deal with this guy?

seeing him around the town lately, and he calls it a peaceful protest, then starts ringing that damn bell in my ears as i was crossing the road! :mad:

see attached image.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

When did they paint burgerking? Wasn't it green before??
    I dunno what his deal is, he's been around since last summer what ever he's mouthin on about!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

alan1990 wrote: »

When did they paint burgerking? Wasn't it green before??

it was, up to about two weeks ago i think, yeah i noticed that the other day too when this guy was down at the junction outside the meteor shop... :(

EDIT: http://www.csg.ie/

surely the guards can have a word with him obstructing traffic, he was ringing the bell into the windscreens of cars obstructing their view.

or would the solicitors in question not be able to call him up for defamation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

He's been around since early last year, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Not him again!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I too, was wondering about this. Why did they paint it red? Looks mank!

Someone take a better pic of his placard, I'm sure he'd be delighted to pose. He doesn't seem to be the shy type.

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    I too, was wondering about this. Why did they paint it red? Looks mank!

Someone take a better pic of his placard, I'm sure he'd be delighted to pose. He doesn't seem to be the shy type.

i had to take that pic from across the road at full zoom on my n95 fone, i was a bit worried about getting a bell in the face if i went any closer to take a pic... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

he's clearly a tool i have no actual input to the thread instead of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

xsiborg wrote: »
    i had to take that pic from across the road at full zoom on my n95 fone, i was a bit worried about getting a bell in the face if i went any closer to take a pic... :o

Well, ah, first you're a creep. Let me just have that said right now.

But re bell ringing man, he's a fúckin twat. Peaceful protest my árse. Fúck off and get a job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

He has handouts giving details of his protest.
    He has had dealings with solicitors and believes he was hard done by them. He has not been able to get justice and has resorted to this protest.
    when I was talking to him last year people were coming up to him and shaking his hand while telling him of their own horror stories at the mercy of our legal system.

I wouldn't call him a looney, just someone who, out of desperation, has no other avenue to vent his frustration at the legal system.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

He's protesting against solicitors who he believes wronged him.

I went up to him and took a leaflet from him (about a year ago) to get some info on his protest, but all the leaflet had was the history of the town crier.

• Advertisement

He has handouts giving details of his protest.
    He has had dealings with solicitors and believes he was hard done by them. He has not been able to get justice and has resorted to this protest.

im going to protest at his protest, i'll stand beside him so in the morning with my vuvuzela, see how he likes it! :eek:

when I was talking to him last year people were coming up to him and shaking his hand while telling him of their own horror stories at the mercy of our legal system.

his protest doesnt seem to be lamenting the legal system so much as lampooning himself on the streets of limerick and generally causing a nuisance to traffic! i wish i'd caught a picture of him shaking the bell in the windscreen of passing cars, see how he has the sign propped up towards the line of traffic!

the mercy of our legal system? ah here, he's the one making defamatory remarks about one company in particular, not the legal system in general!

I wouldn't call him a looney, just someone who, out of desperation, has no other avenue to vent his frustration at the legal system.

i wouldnt call him a looney either, i'd just call him an an idiot and a nuisance and a danger in traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

xsiborg wrote: »
    ah here, he's the one making defamatory remarks about one company in particular
    I'd be surprised if he was making defamatory comments, as I'd imagine the solicitors in question would have made him stop long ago if that were the case.

osarusan wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if he was making defamatory comments, as I'd imagine the solicitors in question would have made him stop long ago if that were the case.

ah i think its more a case of they have the feeling it could create negative publicity if they actually took him seriously if you get me, the limerick post journos would no doubt be first with the headlines something along the lines of "corporate solicitors go after the little guy", etc.

i think they've just decided "let him off, nobody takes him seriously anyway in that whole get up!"... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I passed him the other day and he roared at me "Stand and deliver, you're money or your life"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Someone should introduce him to boards, where he can whinge and moan away to his hearts content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I saw him last Friday, I got a glimpse of his placard (didn't want to stare too much), something about Tesco on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I saw him last Friday, I got a glimpse of his placard (didn't want to stare too much), something about Tesco on it?

Ya, 2 for 1 offer on Lynx deoderant at Tesco this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wow - Plainly you can make a complete arsé outta yourself on the Streets of Limerick for years on end and nobody will pay a blind bit of notice????

- Handy to know!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

Not this fool again! I've read his placard before, doesn't make any sense when you read it. No idea what he's actually at from reading it. As someone pointed out it does mention something about tesco and solicitors.

My taking on it (COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL), is that he probably took a case against tesco about something trivial which he hadn't a to stand on. The solicitor either told him he couldn't do anything about it, or he took the case and failed and this guy now has a bee in his bonnet.

Advertisement