Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to Find a Cheap but GOOD hotel in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 05-07-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I have to be in Dublin on Monday of next week for a meeting, and by the looks of it I will have to stay overnight.

Does anyone know on a decent place in city centre for like under €50 or cheaper for the night?

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated.

Candy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Try this site, search by price and read the reviews, you can book them all online.
    http://www.gulliver.ie/

ps. Don't you mean in the back ass of nowhere? Pedantic Moi!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tracy3135

Don't know one in city centre for that price but I recently stayed in the Clarion Hotel in Liffey Valley and it was only €55 on a Saturday night for a double room. Was very comfy and clean and perfect. Got a great nights sleep too ;). Booked it on the net though. Would probably be more expensive if you were to book through hotel itself

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Yea Grawns I do Live in the back ass of NOWHERE!! :D

I have been looking into the belvedere off parnell st, but I really want to stay in the crowne plaza or camden court though my budget won't allow!! Poor student :(

None of ye know where to find any of the really good deals...I remember he d4 hotels did a €20 promo which I got before and was really good, anything like that to be got about town???:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Don't think they've any city centre spots but Travelodge are doing rooms for €29.

(They're great value in the UK - all over the country, and I recently got a room Milton Keynes for £9!)

EDIT: They've one in Rathmines: http://www.travelodge.ie/dublin-city-centre-hotel
    Also a Days Inn in Rathmines: http://www.dayshotelrathmines.com/index.php

Unfortunately days hotel closed almost a year ago...I did stay there a week or so before it closed was a really good decent place.

On the other hand, not being fussy but I have heard not to good things about the travel-lodge....thanks though!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Now that was one worth looking at, saw another offer they for 50 quid bed, breakfast and evening meal at bewleys ballsbridge???:D

Thanks Davy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

candy19 wrote: »
    Yea Grawns I do Live in the back ass of NOWHERE!! :D

You are mistaken - you live in the back ass of no where :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭new shoes

I have to be in Dublin on Monday of next week for a meeting, and by the looks of it I will have to stay overnight.

Does anyone know on a decent place in city centre for like under €50 or cheaper for the night?

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated.

Candy!

Alright mate... his was posted to bargain requests a few weeks ago. I think they have room rates from 30 quid and you get a free stay in December...

http://www.onoffer.ie/offers/7301_stay-now-and-get-a-second-stay-free-for-limited-time-only!.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Robert22

Unfortunately days hotel closed almost a year ago...I did stay there a week or so before it closed was a really good decent place.

On the other hand, not being fussy but I have heard not to good things about the travel-lodge....thanks though!!:)

I have stayed in Travelodge in Ireland few times they are really good and the prices are brill, I have joined them on the Facebook and they are doing competition for their fans - you can win one night free in Travelodge and get 2 tickets of Guns 'n Roses, there you go that would be a real bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Are you sure... Days are expanding their Irish operations.

I've been staying in Travelodges on and off for about 10 years and have nothing but good things to say about them... clean, quiet, and cost fsck all.

Advertisement