Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Sim cards for same number solution?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi
    i was thinking of buying a new iphone in the next couple of weeks, but seeing as my line of work involves dust etc and is very hard wearing on phones, i was wondering is there a way i can use my old phone for work and iphone for evening and weekends by having two sim cards for the same number, as i dont think changing sim cards all the time is something i want to do or would be good for the phone either. or any other solutions?
    (im with o2)
    cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You cannot have one number on two sim cards

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

In a word, no!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gixer1000

yeah i thought as much, i guess im f****d so :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

gixer1000 wrote: »
    Hi
    i was thinking of buying a new iphone in the next couple of weeks, but seeing as my line of work involves dust etc and is very hard wearing on phones, i was wondering is there a way i can use my old phone for work and iphone for evening and weekends by having two sim cards for the same number, as i dont think changing sim cards all the time is something i want to do or would be good for the phone either. or any other solutions?
    (im with o2)
    cheers :)

How about two sims and numbers ? and put the "work" phone on direct to the iPhone when "off duty". Voice calls will be fowarded, but not text.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

How about two sims and numbers ? and put the "work" phone on direct to the iPhone when "off duty". Voice calls will be fowarded, but not text.

That is possible but you'd need the second number on billpay also (as a prepay number can only divert to voicemail with o2) with free o2 to o2 calls (tariff) at the least so all the diverts would not be charged!

• Advertisement
Advertisement