Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Super League Session 3 (10/7/10)

Options
  • 05-07-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Third session of the season! Going to use the actual schedule outlined by mini-site - may be luck of the draw to see when your favoured / best avoided matchups are but also prevents one or two players having marathon sessions to begin / end the league.

We also have to keep using all three systems throughout the day - people need to be concious of letting people get to the further in system and we need to keep things moving - last session ran a little over...Would prefer to keep costs down naturally.

Game: Super Street Fighter 4

Date: Saturday July 10th

Time: 13:00 GMT

Venue: Moviedrome, Limerick (Map)

Fee: €8

Prize: Bragging rights from session, €2 goes into prize fund for end of season, €1 goes into travel fund for end of season (train ticket to Dublin for finals / Inferno (12)).

Points Format:
    Attendance - 1 point
    Win (groups / league) - 2 points
    1st - 10 points
    2nd - 8 points
    3rd - 6 points
    4th - 4 points
    5-8th - 2 points

Format (dependent on numbers):
    Groups >> Double Elimination bracket
    OR
    Straightforward league

Leaderboard after Session 2:
    FutureGuy - 38 points
    Matt - 23 points
    D4RK ONION - 21 points
    DooM - 21 points
    Orim - 17 points
    Sairus - 15 points
    Sabre0001 - 12 points
    Vaughn - 11 points
    Burning Eclipse - 7 points
    Luke - 7 points
    Chopperbyrne - 7 points
    Mr. K - 4 points

If you are attending please state XBox or PS3 as favoured system too.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I want to come down but I don't think I can afford it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't make it this weekend unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Shoot, im working like every sterday, oh well guess im stuck at 11points :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm there with bells on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll be down again. 360 is my preferred console.
    I'll bring my 360 stick and my PS3 stick so hopeully that'll remove some of the issues from last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Nice Sairus. Bringing the camera too or is that too much equipment weighing you down :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm hopin I can make it down to this lads. Lookin forward to gettin a few games in.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Nice Sairus. Bringing the camera too or is that too much equipment weighing you down :D

The camera'll be down too! XD I'll have to find some sort of fancy big bag.
    Speaking of, I realised the whole tripod is slightly lopsided, hense the tilted videos from last time. I should be able to sort that with some careful leg adjustment this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Sairus wrote: »
    I'll be down again. 360 is my preferred console.
    I'll bring my 360 stick and my PS3 stick so hopeully that'll remove some of the issues from last time.

Sairus, its a defo ill be there mate. Give me a shout if ya still he my number cause I dunno what time the bus we are ment to catch to limerick. Also try my best to get oniken to make it :p by try i mean by force

This is good!! We're building momentum here I think :)

Tony and Paul better be free too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This is good!! We're building momentum here I think :)

Tony and Paul better be free too!

My mums 70th is the Friday night. I should be there but can't guarantee :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I have Nocturnal Forum beers on Friday but it is tempting...

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My mums 70th is the Friday night. I should be there but can't guarantee :(
    I have Nocturnal Forum beers on Friday but it is tempting...

Make it happen guys. Glacial League needs you both!

Except Doom. Glaciers are slow enough.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Working lads, no can do. You'll have to find someone else to get angry on camera :P

Pity Onion...FutureGuy, you need the handicap of a hangover! Same for you DooM but you have more allowances considering you'd also have to commute on a swaying train :x

Will be missing session 4 myself due to work so need a bumper points haul :D

🤪

Ok people we need a count on whos coming and who's not in other words how many people are going to be there on the 10th. I know I will go if other people go to. Don't want to go there and find out that I am the only 1 that showed up lol

Also what time does it start.... if you guys are going :p

Shokashi wrote: »
    Ok people we need a count on whos coming and who's not in other words how many people are going to be there on the 10th. I know I will go if other people go to. Don't want to go there and find out that I am the only 1 that showed up lol

Also what time does it start.... if you guys are going :p

Why pass up a default 10 points :)

Definately me, Burning Eclipse, Sairus, Shokashi...
    Maybe BanjoB
    Unlikely DooM, FutureGuy (prove me wrong guys)
    No Go Orim, Chopperbyrne, D4RK ONION, OniKen
    Unknown EvilSuperSean (will probably be dragged), Delv3r, Generic_name01, robbknoll, others!

Everyone meets at 1 with tournament beginning between 1:30 and 2.

🤪

Ok I'm in. Now i just need to figure the bus timetable from cork city bus station to limerick unless the train is better. But the bus is safer because I know how to make my way there from the station in limerick.

So thumbs up and training begins with ssf4 for improvement. Till then ill catch you guys there

Almost forgot. Does any 1 have tge playstation to xbox port or pad as i play ssf4 on the ps3 if not ill brim my spare 360 pad and give it another bash

Definately me, Burning Eclipse, Sisko, Shokashi...
    Maybe BanjoB
    Unlikely DooM, FutureGuy (prove me wrong guys)
    No Go Orim, Chopperbyrne, D4RK ONION, OniKen
    Unknown EvilSuperSean (will probably be dragged), Delv3r, Generic_name01, robbknoll, others!

*sniff* And after all my confirmations about bringing extra equipment and everything =(
    Ok I'm in. Now i just need to figure the bus timetable from cork city bus station to limerick unless the train is better.

Almost forgot. Does any 1 have tge playstation to xbox port or pad as i play ssf4 on the ps3 if not ill brim my spare 360 pad and give it another bash

The bus from Cork is at 10.25, so I can meet you at the station like last time.

I ordered one of those PS2 - 360 converters but it probably wont be here before Saturday. Fingers crossed!
    I will be bringing a PS3 stick with me, so anyone using a stick will be able to play you with you using a PS3 pad. It'll get awkward when you're paired with 360 pad holders though I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Ok I'm in. Now i just need to figure the bus timetable from cork city bus station to limerick unless the train is better. But the bus is safer because I know how to make my way there from the station in limerick.

So thumbs up and training begins with ssf4 for improvement. Till then ill catch you guys there

Train and bus station in Limerick is the same place - efficient! or backwards..... :)

Wow...sorry Sairus.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Unknown EvilSuperSean (will probably be dragged)

I'll be there...no need to drag! I reckon I should get bonus points for coming last consecutively...maybe 30 or so...?

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'll be there...no need to drag! I reckon I should get bonus points for coming last consecutively...maybe 30 or so...?

Well ill give you a free High Five and a Hell Yeah! For best Attendance.
    Can't wait to play your Guy again

Well ill give you a free High Five and a Hell Yeah! For best Attendance.
    Can't wait to play your Guy again

Really glad you're coming along again! Nice to play such a good Cody! Is it just yourself and Sairus coming up from Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Sorry guys wont be able to make it again, have other committments (that ill probably be curbing soon). Tbh ye're better off, the rage has kicked in something aweful recently and id only make a show of mysself :confused:

Really glad you're coming along again! Nice to play such a good Cody! Is it just yourself and Sairus coming up from Cork?

Yeah just us this time. Vaughn and luke won't be making it this time. But like I said ill try my best to force vaughn down lol. Try that is, will have to avoid incoming dragon punches and fire balls from him, but to get him to come will be worth it :p

My memory sucks. Who was wearing the blanker t-**** last time. Just wanted to ask if he tried ken's unlimited ex dragon punch cancels on the first street fighter 4?. Best way I think to learn how to ex cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I'll be there! Havent been playing the game at all lately and hope getting trounced at this gives me back the oomph!

My memory sucks. Who was wearing the blanker t-**** last time. Just wanted to ask if he tried ken's unlimited ex dragon punch cancels on the first street fighter 4?. Best way I think to learn how to ex cancel

That was me. Haven't tried it yet, but I may do so tonight or tomorrow!!
    I'll be there! Havent been playing the game at all lately and hope getting trounced at this gives me back the oomph!

Yay, more people. GET HYPE!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorry guys, I won't be there. As well as the party, the gf has a rediculously rare Saturday off. Cue "whipped" comments lol.

Advertisement