Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new smartphone, help!!

Options
  • 05-07-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good touchscreen phone?

I am looking for

1) GPS
    2) Battery life
    3) Wifi
    4) Phone should be relatively small and light

I am with Meteor. I would prefer bill pay.

I'm looking at the NOKIA X6, the SONY X10, and the HTC Desire.

I have no real knowledge about these things. Can anyone advise me? Keeping in mind the criteria!!!

I'd be very grateful.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'm going to sound like a broken record but HTC Desire is the best phone of the 3. Like any smart phone the battery life is not great. It's relatively small and doesn't feel too big in a pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You will find it hard to get a good smartphone with a decent battery, the size of the screen will always have an impact on the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Have you considered the nokia E72? Forgetting about battery life, and if size really is a priority how about the x10 mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

#15 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good touchscreen phone?

I am looking for

1) GPS
    2) Battery life
    3) Wifi
    4) Phone should be relatively small and light

I am with Meteor. I would prefer bill pay.

I'm looking at the NOKIA X6, the SONY X10, and the HTC Desire.

I have no real knowledge about these things. Can anyone advise me? Keeping in mind the criteria!!!

I'd be very grateful.

None of the handsets mentioned by yourself could be described as "small and light" i'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

None of the handsets mentioned by yourself could be described as "small and light" i'm afraid!

Relatively!!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

#15 wrote: »
    Relatively!!!!! :)

I wouldn't say relatively applies to the X10 or Desire i'm afraid, they're both massive!:D

Have you considered the nokia E72? Forgetting about battery life, and if size really is a priority how about the x10 mini.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at them as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The Desire is 2.36 inches wide and weighs 135 grams. The E52 is of course smaller but it weighs 98g. Is 37 grams that much of a difference to be carrying around.

The Desire is 2.36 inches wide and weighs 135 grams. The E52 is of course smaller but it weighs 98g. Is 37 grams that much of a difference to be carrying around.

No it's not that much of a difference.

I see Meteor do not have any HTC Desire phones in stock at the minute, hopefully they will be back in stock soon, or is that wishful thinking?

Advertisement