Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bridge or DSLR

• 05-07-2010 9:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm sure this has been asked before so my apologies if it has.
    I want to upgrade from my point and shoot camera.
    I have gone goggled eyed reading reviews at looking at review videos,I really need some human responses!

I won't be getting into photography in a massive way but a little more than your average taking photos at family weddings etc,basically I would like to experiment a small bit but I won't be spending huge amounts of time at it,though if the bug bites I might get into it more seriously

I am going on honeymoon to New York,Las Vegas and LA in September and want a good camera for skyline shots,night shots and good panoramic shots.
    I would also like continuous shooting,will a bridge camera be able handle all that?
    After the honeymoon I would then also like the camera to be good for normal family shots like kids etc.

I'm torn between a DSLR and the bridge cameras.
    I have about €400-€500 to spend but if it costs less then I'll also be happy!
    These are the two I am looking at

DSLR:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3037798/art/olympus/e-450-14-42mm-lens-40-150.html

And
    Bridge:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3439352/art/panasonic/dmc-fz38-black.html

Too be honest I like the idea of not having to carry around extra lenses but am I losing out on huge image quality,as I would like maybe to take landscape/nature photos that I can maybe turn into nice photos to frame.

Any help or advice appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

There is a lot to be said for a good bridge camera, at least you know when you buy it that is all you will be spending! DSLR while giving you more scope and versatility in your photography, can become very expensive and addictive! :) There is a new Panasonic out at the moment all singing all dancing and Panasonic are fantastic cameras. It is much easier to upgrade from a point and shoot to a bridge as they have electronic viewfinders plus a live view screen. You will get excellent photographs from the Panasonic.

Also you will pick one up much cheaper in NewYork than you would here, whatever you decide to go for.

Advertisement