Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub with a BBQ?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Trying to plan the day after my wedding and looking for a pub in the city or not far outside with a BBQ - looked into the Locke and Ardhu bar all ready so if anyone had any other suggestions? would be great.

Cheers.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I would defo go with the Locke

• Registered Users Posts: 24,204 ✭✭✭✭phog

Top floor in the Strand hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Yeah I would`nt mind the Locke myself but its a Sunday and wanna be outside, not in that little room so thinking it may be hard to get seats if the suns out --- must look into the Strand - Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Curragower or however it's spelt might be a good choice too. Lovely view on a sunny day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The Locke has a great location and that's about it - they quite possibly have the worst service of any pub in the city.

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    The Locke has a great location and that's about it - they quite possibly have the worst service of any pub in the city.

That's a bold statement, there are many "pubs" competing for that honour. Mainly all these "superpub" sh!tholes. Smyths are atrocious, Clohessey's aren't much better, Old Quarter was diabolical last time i was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Curragower or however it's spelt might be a good choice too. Lovely view on a sunny day.

Last time I sat outside the Curragower there was Scobes out plaguing the Customers for smokes offa Fags and a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Yeah I would`nt mind the Locke myself but its a Sunday and wanna be outside, not in that little room so thinking it may be hard to get seats if the suns out --- must look into the Strand - Sounds good.

well the locke will reserve a section for you and your guests if you book it in advance. they just section off a space for partys outside. ive seen it a few times.

they have some rubbish bar service to be fair but their food is good and if you have the weather on your side its the best place for it.

the corner flag is another option. was at a function in the corner flag myself a few weeks ago. pretty good set up with the BBQ. nice outdoor space aswell but lets just say you wouldnt have to worry about getting sunburnt:) very closed off outdoor section. but good drink good bar service and good food.

if sure if you give these places a ring youll get more info. also try the Bentley(beside teds), Nancys(they do BBQ's throughout the summer), Synotts, Scotts and o'connells(old quarter). i dont know if these places let you book BBQ's but worth a phone call anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

The Bitter End do a free BBQ every Sunday. It's outside the pub and starts at 7pm. There is also live music outside (one man band) I think it starts the same time as the BBQ.

The Bitter End do a free BBQ every Sunday. It's outside the pub and starts at 7pm. There is also live music outside (one man band) I think it starts the same time as the BBQ.

Never been in there, but I've heard awful things about the place. Smalla scobe off it, like. sham. allegedly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Never been in there, but I've heard awful things about the place. Smalla scobe off it, like. sham. allegedly

alot of the old mojos crowd drink there. i mean the *ahem* almost underage crowd:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

You never know unless you go ;) I have been there a few times and have never had any trouble or seen any trouble in there, I have been there for the BBQ a few times and it is never that busy, it's grand on a hot day as there is a great outdoor seating area there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bertisevil

i know flannerys do bbq's have been to a few staff do's here and we had a bbq there and it was good

bertisevil wrote: »
    i know flannerys do bbq's have been to a few staff do's here and we had a bbq there and it was good

Which one?

- There's 19 Flannery's Pubs to choose from in Limerick!!!

Raiser wrote: »
    Which one?

- There's 19 Flannery's Pubs to choose from in Limerick!!!

sorrys guys the one across the road from icon forgot there was loads of them

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Sound guys - loads of suggestions there I did`nt think about.
    would have liked the Arhdu but after ringing them for the fourth time and leaving my details with no return call I said I`d give it a miss!!:rolleyes:

If they can`t be bothered to return a call with having a potential 50 people there all day drinking and eating what would the food be like, probably have to cook it ourselves !ha

badboyblast i sent you a pm there about details of a bbq if it sounds good to you pm me and ill pass you on the details

Sound guys - loads of suggestions there I did`nt think about.
    would have liked the Arhdu but after ringing them for the fourth time and leaving my details with no return call I said I`d give it a miss!!:rolleyes:

If they can`t be bothered to return a call with having a potential 50 people there all day drinking and eating what would the food be like, probably have to cook it ourselves !ha

Ha ha - Management will be raging when they read that - Especially cause they fancy themselves a bit......

- Sort of place where you unfortunatley get to see some Genius following their poor Staff around tut-tutting and looking for flaws etc.

They have a no-kids-ever Bar also which is shíte - They can keep it and I'll keep avoiding them......

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

That's a bold statement, there are many "pubs" competing for that honour. Mainly all these "superpub" sh!tholes. Smyths are atrocious, Clohessey's aren't much better, Old Quarter was diabolical last time i was in there.

Hi Captain Average,

As its our pub your talking about would u like to let me know through PM or on the forum here, as good service and value for money is what were trying to push in these current times.

Apologies for any inconvenience when u were in.

Rgds - Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Icky Thump wrote: »
    well the locke will reserve a section for you and your guests if you book it in advance. they just section off a space for partys outside. ive seen it a few times.

they have some rubbish bar service to be fair but their food is good and if you have the weather on your side its the best place for it.

the corner flag is another option. was at a function in the corner flag myself a few weeks ago. pretty good set up with the BBQ. nice outdoor space aswell but lets just say you wouldnt have to worry about getting sunburnt:) very closed off outdoor section. but good drink good bar service and good food.

if sure if you give these places a ring youll get more info. also try the Bentley(beside teds), Nancys(they do BBQ's throughout the summer), Synotts, Scotts and o'connells(old quarter). i dont know if these places let you book BBQ's but worth a phone call anyway.

Yes we do as mentioned above we do

061 338893 annacotty
    061 40 11 90 town

rgds - ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Raiser wrote: »
    They have a no-kids-ever Bar also which is shíte - They can keep it and I'll keep avoiding them......

Never realised they had a no kids ever bar. I presume its the Munster Bar because i drink in the Ardhu every weekend and there is loads of kids flying around the place all the time. No harm keeping the Munster bar free of kids as its a small bar anyway and can be pretty tight in there when busy and the bigger part (the Ardhu Bar) is better to accomodate kids around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

"Promotion is NOT our focus here, discussion is."

sorry but I think some people are being left away with this specific guideline of boards :rolleyes:

Advertisement