Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clueless

• 05-07-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi im looking to start cycling (maybe even in some events if anyone can point me to some in Dublin or near) but need a nice light weight racing bike as i used my mates carrera and loved it i have a budget of 1000 euros i am 5'9 weighing 60 kg and very fit not sure if this info helps or not. Could someone please point me in the direction of what i might be looking for please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

There are a couple of things to think of. If you feel totally clueless, you can go to a local shop and get one there. You'll get the right fit and have somebody to go back to with problems. If you're a bit less clueless (and it only needs to be a bit less) you can go online and buy one there. You'll get a better bike and spec for the same money but lose out on the local man to go back to.

If you'd like to try online, Planet X and Focus (from Wiggle.co.uk) are among the better (probably more current Planet-X fans on here though).

If you've got 1k to spend too, that fits well into the cycle to work scheme - just in case you haven't thought of that yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Rasherz

Thanks for quick reply irishmotorist, i am in america for the month of August and was wondering would there be any good american online retailers as i find i make good savings over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Rasherz wrote: »
    Thanks for quick reply irishmotorist, i am in america for the month of August and was wondering would there be any good american online retailers as i find i make good savings over there
    I don't personally know of any unfortunately, but there are others here that have a more special bond with their credit card than me. The 'Should have left the credit card at home' thread might have some examples, though it could be a bit of a trawl....

Advertisement